Thread: Looking for Deer management opportunity

Looking for Deer management opportunity

I am looking for a place to further my skills in deer managment, I was a sniper in the British army and got injured in afghan in 2007 now I have fully recovered from my injuries so now I am looking to get into deer management I have completed my dsc1 and have a firearms licence so now I just need a place to get more quilfied and further my experience in the deer management and gain my dsc2 I will happily do this for free to gain more knowledge????

Hi Aden, Welcome to the site.
    There are quite a few serving and ex-services on the site so I'm sure you will fit in.
    You don't say whether you are still serving or not but if you are, it might be a good idea to get in touch with your local DDM members, they have a training programme second to none and will be free.
    I'm afraid in the outside world Deer stalking to gain knowledge or even just to assist, costs money unless you are very lucky indeed.
    But having said, that there are some very good guys on here that may be in a position to offer you some assistance particularly if they are local to you.
    Good luck.

Hi yeah I have tried them but I was discharged on medical grounds 3 years ago so they just said try this site do here I am

Have you got an open ticket? where do you do your management at the moment? You must have somewhere for Essex to issue you a ticket?

Hi yes I have applied for firearms licence and I have had the visit all they require now Is for me to have somewhere to go I said the the police officer that visited my home that I didn't put one down because I hadn't found anywhere yet he told me he would put my application on ice until I could produce a letter confirming that I had a place to stalk then they would send me my creticate so you can see how desperate I am for some where to go

PM sent.

But an introduction is required as per site rules.

Thank you
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    PM sent.

But an introduction is required as per site rules.

Thank you

Sorry mate still trying to get to grips with the site

Hi there,
    I'm in essex and got my first FAC this year.....
    just to let you know that I have not got any ground of my own but they were happy to grant my application as i could demonstrate that i had been on a few paid stalks (with a few more booked) and was due to take my DSC1 shortly.
    Hope this might help your application if you're in a position to do a few stalks to show experience

Nice one mate cheers