Thread: Swarovski EL Range 8x42

Swarovski EL Range 8x42

i am thinking about taking the plunge and treating myself to a set of swarovski rangefinder binos. i am keen to hear from people that have been using them for a while as to how you have found them and if you think that the single unit despite the cost is better than looking for a used swarovski RF and set of swarovski binos all things considered.

thanks in advance

Hi KSB!

I was in exactly your position 3 months ago

Shall I get the SW EL range and should i go for 8x42 or 10x42.

In the end i got the 8x42 Rangefinder and I am so glad I did.
    The 8x42 can be used to scan fairly steady with one hind if the othere hand is holding the stcks also which is useful. It has a nice wide angle of view also.
    A fantastic asset and Im very happy with it.
    Having the combination of binos and ranging in one unit makes it very fast and simple to use.

Hope this helps

thanks trimix

it is a big investment no matter which you look at it. i was out on saturday with a friend and he spotted a stag and spiker at a about 250m, he was sizing up the spiker and all i could see was the stag, i kept insisting that there was only a stag and two hinds in the field until i used his swarovski binos at which point the spiker was plain as day. I couldnt believe the difference, so i am a convert now.

I recently bought the 10x42 as my Leica binos which i still have are also x10 mag so thought i would stick with a 10 i did PX my set of swaro range finders as was becoming a pain carrying both so took the plunge and glad i did , lot of money but well worth it.

I have had a pair now for about 4 months had a pair of 10 x 42 els before . The 8 are far better they are a big investment but I do not regret buying them . A friend had the Swiss rang finding binos and swapped for the swarovskis .he finds them better as well.

Very pleased with mine, glad I took the plunge

I've the 10x42's, excellent bit of kit, used to have EL's and a Leica rangefinder.

I am almost certainly going to buy a set of 8x42 range el, but am keen to get a good deal. Who was the cheapest to deal with when you bought your set

Swillingtons in leeds i found cheapest.

Uttings when they had a special offer on optics, something like 15% off when I got mine.

You will find it difficult to find cheap deals advertised because Swarovski demand a minimum selling price as one of there dealer requirements as far as I am aware.