Landy Owners Beware

Jimbo 30 06

Went shooting Saturday on new farm and talking to farmer he stated that he had been to local auction with his son. They did their buisiness and returned to the Defender to find that some PRATT had removed the screw in door bolts securing the hinges to gain access to the interior and as the mirror was secured by the hinge bolts the mirror had also been taken. Another thing to try and make your vehicle secure but not sure how in this case as hinges and fixing bolts are external on Defenders and give these PRATTS easy access. Glad i parted with mine.

Jimbo :mad:

Went shooting Saturday on new farm and talking to farmer he stated that he had been to local auction with his son. They did their buisiness and returned to the Defender to find that some PRATT had removed the screw in door bolts securing the hinges to gain access to the interior and as the mirror was secured by the hinge bolts the mirror had also been taken. Another thing to try and make your vehicle secure but not sure how in this case as hinges and fixing bolts are external on Defenders and give these PRATTS easy access. Glad i parted with mine.

Jimbo :mad:

I thought this was gonna say

"Landy owners beware! You bought a rubbish, cold, draughty, uncomfortable death trap with the reliability of a French soldier and the watertightness of a wicker basket"

My back is still sore from driving a 110 all day!
;)

if only they had turned the lock with a coin it would have saved them a load of trouble. :rofl:.

"Landy owners beware! You bought a rubbish, cold, draughty, uncomfortable death trap with the reliability of a French soldier and the watertightness of a wicker basket"

;)

I suspect you've probably provided the crucial clue to solve the crime - the stuff probably just fell off of its own accord.

;)
:rofl:

Was always a Landrover fan (old series 2 & 3) didn't like my 110 very much then bought a Hilux 4 years ago bags more for your money & wouldn't have another Landrover again
Wingy

Was always a Landrover fan (old series 2 & 3) didn't like my 110 very much then bought a Hilux 4 years ago bags more for your money & wouldn't have another Landrover again
Wingy

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Just bust a gut laughing at above replies.

Like you Wingy drove landy's for 20 years as main car Disco's and last one a 59 plate Defender 110. Like you just got rid of it and got new Hilux Invincible last week. What a truck like you i will never buy a Landy again. I will still drive one as i have 40 year old tax exempt series 3 set up for lamping. Anyone wanting to buy a Hilux i can recommend Pinkstones of Stoke on Trent. Also had a cat clamp fitted. Andrew Collins in sales and Tom in service both top men.

Jimbo :D :rofl: can't stop laughing !!!!!!!

Last edited:
Theres nothing like a Landy for off roading/lamping :)
Unfortunately theres nothing like a Landy when it comes to road work/comfort and reliability either :doh:
Twenty five years down the line and I've moved to a Hilux which I can actually drive without thinking which bit will break or fall off next !

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Just bust a gut laughing at above replies.

Like you Wingy drove landy's for 20 years as main car Disco's and last one a 59 plate Defender 110. Like you just got rid of it and got new Hilux Invincible last week. What a truck like you i will never buy a Landy again. I will still drive one as i have 40 year old tax exempt series 3 set up for lamping.

Jimbo :D :rofl: can't stop laughing !!!!!!!

You don't go lamping very often then?
:rofl:

Theres nothing like a Landy for off roading/lamping :)
Unfortunately theres nothing like a Landy when it comes to road work/comfort and reliability either :doh:
Twenty five years down the line and I've moved to a Hilux which I can actually drive without thinking which bit will break or fall off next !

Oh come on please!

90% of all Land Rovers ever manufactured are still on the road..................................

the other 10% made it home..................................

eventually. :coat:

(Former 110 V8 owner)

cut and pasted from another forum:

All Land Rovers are like women- They moan on long journey's, embarrass you in front of friends, and you spend more money than you ever expected once you've commit yourself to one.

Police officers shake your hand when they issue you a speeding ticket

Why do most Defenders have jerry cans and gas bottles fitted? - So that the driver can make coffee while waiting for the RAC

Land Rovers have the best fuel consumption of all 4x4's - That's because they are always being towed by something else.

Why do Land Rovers always drive in convoy? The are playing 'Who's the Weakest Link

I always wondered why Land Rover called their models, a Series 90, Defender 110 etc - But this weekend I found out, those numbers in the model name are the top speeds

When you drive on a motorway, you get these yellow emergency phones next to the road. Stop and look closer. On the phones there are emergency numbers like; police, ambulance, doctor, Land Rover etc.

Q: What goes on pages 4-5 of the Landy's users’ manual?
A: The train & bus schedule

Q: What is the sport-version of a Landy?
A: The driver wears Nike shoes

Q: What do you call a Landy with brakes?
A: Customized

Q: What do you have to do if your Landy gets in the way of a swarm of killer bees?
A: Stop pushing and take refuge in the car

Q: How do you make a Landy go faster uphill?
A: Throw out the passenger.

just spent all day driving a battered 130 defender , Now i have to go and pick my discovery up from the garage again. All good fun

mate of mine had a mitsibushi,
the ignition lock packed up, took 6 weeks and £200 for a new one, during which time he couldnt use the shogun,

at the time a Disco one was £70 and would be here the next day,

he paid over £200 for discs and pads on one axle, that would do both axles on a landrover TWICE.

Landy parts are cheap as chips. It's because they make so many of them! I don't know how they justify the price of them. For the cost of a basic 90 truck cab, you can just about get a top spec hilux. Probably two basic spec ford rangers.

I very nearly bought a new 90 once, I think it was about £20k, but for an extra £2k you could get the county spec one that included a radio!!!! Astonishing.

Landrover parts are so cheap and plentiful as Landrover know their market & what parts are going to be needed & when.................
.......... Everything all the time!

mate of mine had a mitsibushi,
the ignition lock packed up, took 6 weeks and £200 for a new one, during which time he couldnt use the shogun,

at the time a Disco one was £70 and would be here the next day,

he paid over £200 for discs and pads on one axle, that would do both axles on a landrover TWICE.

£70 a bit much to pay for a Disco surely:coat:

Back