A 600 NE pistol - for humane dispatch?

Ouch! I've fired a Taurus long barrelled revolver in .44mag and that is good fun but the fun soon dies down after about 10 shots :D
How Dirty Harry gets more than one shot off at the target I'll never know!

That's not a "little" man. That's one huge 13.6 pound revolver! That weighs more than my 30-06 target rifle. As a handgunner I can tell you that I wouldn't bother with it. Know anyone who can hold 13.6 pounds at arms length and concentrate on sight alignment and trigger control?? I don't!! ;) ~Muir

there's a video on you tube of that guy shooting the pistol. First round, the pistol recoils up and smacks him a good'un across the forehead.

Numpty! Obviously meant for the Subaru Impreza or Ford Capri drivers of this world.

Why? don't get me wrong I like pistols but do you really need one for dispatch? Would a shotgun not be a safer option? Just my thoughts!

deer man said:
Why? don't get me wrong I like pistols but do you really need one for dispatch? Would a shotgun not be a safer option? Just my thoughts!
deer man
horses for courses on that one
and just not a topic worth discussing
those that hav Handguns will make a case for their use , those with out also
and you also may need to get your FLO to agree on the use of a shot gun for humane dispatch if you want to use solid slugs
well this is the problem i hav with west mids you may not hav the same probs
so i now hav a pistol and great tool for the job in all types of situ's and less hassle to carry about than a shottie
for me cased closed

Stone, you don't have to use a solid slug, If your close enough to use a Pistol your close enough to use a shotgun. I am not anti pistol, shot a few in my time just can't see the point for dispatch.

Now pistol versus Brown bear! I am sure that would get the adrenalin going! :eek:

That 600 NE revolver is something someone makes because they figure SOMEONE will pony up the $$ just to own it. It is of little practical field value. I don't get the part about "humane dispatch" but I'm assuming you mean putting down wounded animals?? I would hate to see the poor creature suffer while John Q. Hunter fumbles with this behemoth handgun and then fluffs the shot.

It's a stunt, I think, but that's just my opinion. To boot the dam thing is ugly! ~Muir

PS: I kill things with handguns waaaay out of shotgun range!

Obviously meant for the Subaru Impreza or Ford Capri drivers of this world.

Like to elaborate on this sweeping statement :eek:

What's the difference between a Subaru Impreza/Ford Capri and a hedgehog???

The hedgehog has the pricks on the outside! Hehehe :lol:

Of course children I missed the obvious link between the 600Ne for humane dispatch and owning an impreza.

"There won’t be any permanent damage inflicted to your wrist."

That really makes you want to go out and buy one...................................not. I would rather have Muir's model 27 :D

ft

I don't get the part about "humane dispatch" but I'm assuming you mean putting down wounded animals??

I suspect is is a humorous/ironic comment (perhaps the kind that a winking-smiley would be useful for) based on the unwillingness of the police to issue Firearms Certificates for pistols to those who nevertheless have a perectly good reason to own them ('humane dispatch').
One could imagine the surprise in the Firearms Licensing Department if confonted with a application for a variation for one of these.

The point about the range of the shotgun is based on a further bit of law that means that a shotgun owner cannot buy ball/slug cartridges unless he has a FAC for them, and this can be tedious to obtain. Ther argument here is that for 'humane dispatch' the range is usually so short that whether slug or shot is used is irrelevant. Not a comment on the useable range of handgun vs. shotgun, I think.
:)

You can keep the hand cannon.
But this I would love :drool:
sr2_liliput.jpg

Neil. :)

Back