Hello like-minded people

JDW

Hi,
My name is John and live in a land called Shropshire, but like to spend most of my time "chasing the deer and following the roe" in the paradise that is Scotland. I have been stalking since the 1980's and use my 7mm rem for Red and a Seko .243 for Roe (which I begin to favor in my frail dotage)! Please forgive the complete lack of techno savvy!!

Good hunting and Slainte Mhath.

Hi Dude,
Thanks for the welcome note. This is the nearest I'm ever gonna get to tweetin myface on spacebook!
Heck I may well even learn something!!
It will be a day or to before I find my way around but if anybody needs loading data for 40/60 Marlin or some of the finest sausage recipes ever devised by man I may have something to add!!

Slainte Mhath

J

More than glad to see you aboard, I look forward to your posts with antici......pation!

Have you picked up on the Stalkers Fair scheduled for March - look up Jamross.

Hi John
Welcome.You will love this forum - members have been a great help to me
I am also a keen sausage maker
Ed - also in Shropshire

Good morning chaps,
Thank you all for the very warm welcome, I think I should have done this years ago.
John

Bryan,
Tha mi duilich. Chan eil ach beagan Gaidhlig agam, fhathast!

Bryan - of course.

Think most will have gathered I know JDW - in fact for more years than either of us wish to admit is possible. At the risk of embarrassing him I ( writing personally ) would like to say that he is what I term a true hunter. In terms of ethics, conduct and respect he is someone that I bear constantly in mind as an example to which I would aspire. I hope he settles in here, because I think he has a great deal to contribute.

I do have to say that sadly he does fib, in fact I don't think fantasist is too strong a word. So if at anytime he starts waffling on about some great lummox ( :tiphat: ) whacking him ( it was only a slight tap ) in the shin with a spiker antler whilst loading the Argo, just ignore him. It never happened and I wasn't there...:D

Good morning chaps,
Thank you all for the very warm welcome, I think I should have done this years ago.
John

Bryan,
Tha mi duilich. Chan eil ach beagan Gaidhlig agam, fhathast!

No apologies needed John, it's a language i've always been fancinated by just never had the time to learn it properly myself.. Alot of the words and phrases learned from friends are long forgotten..

Moran Taing. Slainte mhor agad!

Bryan

You had that limp before - thats why your pint glass kept emptying so fast - at least thats what you told me.

Bryan - just dont get him started on Swahili.

Thank you for your very kind words (totally undeserved). I'm alarmed now. Are you going to get me to buy another harpoon. Or enroll in the latest 2 day course "Weasel Baiting for Beginners" or some such!!

The Weasel Baiting - actually Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced was our secret marketing ploy JD! You've let the cat - er Weasel - out of the bag now! It was just waiting on BASC Approval ;) ( sorry, sorry - I just couldn't help myself :D )

No harpoons left - Bryan took the last half dozen. Though I do apologise profusely, I appreciate that you would never of your own volition hang around outdoor/gun/knife type establishments, let alone purchase anything sharp n shiney. I am truly sorry for forcing you.

No apologies needed John, it's a language i've always been fancinated by just never had the time to learn it properly myself.. Alot of the words and phrases learned from friends are long forgotten..

Moran Taing. Slainte mhor agad!

Bryan
Hi Bryan,
Likewise it's a great language. I've tried to learn a bit, it's nice to read the landscape, you know what does the name of that hill/loch/burn mean?
Don't think I shall ever be much of a conversationalist though!!

And tell Moray it's Ki'swahili.
All the best,
John

Back