Howa long action floorplate conversion

KAW2810

Hi

Does anyone on here know where i can get a detachable mag conversion for a long action Howa 1500?
I have seen lots available for the short action but not the long action:(.

Cheers
Kev

It is a strange one.

We've fitted a fair few of these units ( short action ) and really like them. I do not know the reasoning behind no long action - apparently fittings are demand led from the US of A. In which case you'd think a long action model would be first choice.

Possibly there are feed issues - but that's just speculation. Its a shame because demand is there. We have relayed that interest back to the distributors.

CDI Precision do a conversion. Its close to 4x price of the Howa package and takes AICS mags. Midway Uk list at sky high prices. CDI website isnt great, but lists the same conversion at $204. It makes no mention of short or long - but there are long action mags listed below. Not clear if just advertising the mag or implying long action is available.

Thanks for that i will take a look.
Like you say the demand is there so why not bring them in with the short action ones?? Very strange!!!

Here is one, I made it myself.;)

P1010006.jpg

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co....ble-mag’-conversion-for-a-Howa?highlight=Howa

ATB

Tahr

Nothing beats Remington when it comes to aftermarket bits.....
Have a look if a long action AE Remington mag system can't be converted.
I fitted a Howa SA AICS mag system to an old Sako a while ago but it was a lot of work.
edi

just remembered, weatherby make a plastic mag system also for LA.
I fitted one earlier this year.
edi

ejg/ Techno B

Not claiming certainty from the Weatherby site picture, but that system ( aside from mag capacity / lengthy ) looks to be near identical to the Howa supplied Short action one.

ejg - was yours packaged Legacy or ATI by any chance?

ejg/ Techno B

Not claiming certainty from the Weatherby site picture, but that system ( aside from mag capacity / lengthy ) looks to be near identical to the Howa supplied Short action one.

ejg - was yours packaged Legacy or ATI by any chance?

I tossed the package away. (almost thought Weatherby was on the package.?)
You could ask Londonhunter who ownes the rifle or Alan Wey who is putting it together. 9.3x62
Certainly long action.
Fitted a few USA Kwik Klip mag systems for Remmies recently and they seemed a bit better quality
with bottom metal compared to bottom plastic ala Weatherby. Not sure if they make other brands though.
edi

Not sure what the difference's are but the how/legacy ones are listed for short action only. The weatherby one states long action only. Midway uk sell the weatherby kit.

In truth I would have never bothered making one if one wasavailable off the shelf. Too labourintensive. The Weatherby one looks OK to me.

ATB

Tahr

Just to let everyone know i have finally tacked down a detachable mag conversion for the long action Howa.
Sportsman Gun Centre can import them from Weatherby they cost about £120 and take approx 4 weeks to get.

Cheers
Kev

Back