postage costs!!

User00003

I'm trying to find a tetra .22 (.223REM) bronze brush jag/attachment for my cleaning kit online, which is easy enough for about £2.50....but then it's another £5-£6 in postage!!! WFT, surely it's a second class stamp and an envelope no?

any ideas where this can be procured online WITHOUT paying a fortune in postage?

We have Dewey Nylon brush and jag - and some adapters in. Slightly more expensive, but postage will be whatever a 1st class jiffy envelope comes out at.

Would need to verify adaptors fit your rod.

Alternatively, if still struggling we'll happily just tack onto our next order and post the tetra ones on same basis.

I'm trying to find a tetra .22 (.223REM) bronze brush jag/attachment for my cleaning kit online, which is easy enough for about £2.50....but then it's another £5-£6 in postage!!! WFT, surely it's a second class stamp and an envelope no?

any ideas where this can be procured online WITHOUT paying a fortune in postage?
Whats that compared to the round trip fuel & time cost in going to the nearest gunshop who does not have one in stock but will order so = 2x trips?
Martin

Postage is the big rip of our industry. There is a company in the US that has the best prices on PPU ammo in the States but anything up to 5, twenty round boxes, brings a $20 shipping charge. (after 5 boxes, the price goes up in leaps) I did the math and came the conclusion it was cheaper to drive 60 miles to Cabelas and buy it over the counter. Another favorite: Mail and Internet order companies that charge a packaging/handling charge for their products as if it was a special request that the item be shipped. Nutz.~Muir

Last edited:
PKL,
Just puchased a red filter for my Clu-briter (Excellent lamp for the money!) delivered today in letter size envelope £6.50!!! filter cost £7.99....

whilst I support local business, whether it's via post or off the high street, I will not entertain getting taken the mickey out of for some 'standard P&P' charges. businesses need to get a grip and be move realistic about the cost of shipping items and stop cross subsidising losses on bigger packages with overcharging customers only buying small items, it's not acceptable.

I cannot even recall how many times I've got to the check out of an online shop and then seen the price for P&P and left again, if a business looks at their google analytics and where people 'left', they will often find it's on the payment page after P&P is disclosed. A system that prices P&P based on a 'class' makes more sense, so when they upload their products to the website for sale, they assign a class code which links to a more realistic P&P rate.

...rant over, I have now purchased Bisley instead, locally, by foot, and for £3.

PKL - glad you are sorted.

That Bisley supplier will have likely ( by no means certain ) had to comply with the distributors £2000 minimum order requirement. Thats a lot of patches! So glad they are supported.

As a business there's a lot to juggle and whatever the science applied, some things work and some dont. On the Forest & Hill website we try to have everything as postage included - so the first price you see equates to the last at the check-out. The system only allows it to be termed 'free postage' on the summary page, so we try to plaster the fact that post is included on the front page and elsewhere. Yet we get frequent queries from purchasers - 'you're not the cheapest on X'. Some things we are, some we aren't - much the same for every retailer. Most often those queried prices turn out to be exclusive of £4.50, £5, £15 etc postage and my personal favourite ( for a retail site ) excl VAT.

No matter the intent, you only ever please some of the people some of the time! ;)

Back