best rifle

adeno

hello all i am abit puzzled as to what rifle to buy i was think of getting a sako 85 hunter laminated .308 but your suggestions would be great?

If you can afford it thats a cracking rifle. HGet a good scope ontop, thats what you want to spend your money on. Anything like Schmidt and Bender, Swarovski, Zeiss, Meopta, Leica ect. Decent German/European glass.

I got a second hand Sako 85 synthetic / stainless in 6.5 x 55, it's a cracking looking rifle and shoots great. Prefers Federal Power Shok to Remington Core-Lokt (both 140 gr) but you may have to have a play to see what your's prefers

Nothing wrong with that rifle and I would be surprised if anyone on here said any different! It's only limitation will be the wiggley link behind it. Yes it will like some loads more than others but that's up to you to play with. Good luck with your purchase and your play time with it too!

Just about to chop my .243 Browning xbolt in for a sako 85 - as far as I can tell it's one of the best rifles out there!

What's your budget, what you gonna shoot, where you gonna shoot them? These questions will point you in the right direction.

I have 3 Sako 85s in laminate and tupperware, all stainless with Jet Zs fitted, had them since they came out and wont be selling them.
All shoot single hole groups with reloads.
One is a .308 and I find the cartridge and the rifle wonderful for all UK deer

Last edited:
tikka t3 super varmint put over 5000 rounds down wind and still under 1in at 100yards sako tika use the same barels

hello all i am abit puzzled as to what rifle to buy i was think of getting a sako 85 hunter laminated .308 but your suggestions would be great?

The 85 stainless is a cracking rifle but the Tikka T3 is the next inline for less money and even less than the T3 I think the HOWA 1500 as a budget I have a T3 and a HOWA and could not be happier with them.....

Think you answered your own question lad sako 85 is the way to go you wont be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

Hi mate,

Got my eye on exactly the same rifle! Love it in wood but like the look of the laminated stock - only haven't found anyone with the laminate in stock to see it in the flesh/hold it etc...

Seen a few 85s on guntrader s/h but not the laminate... One of those "buy once" and love it forever jobs...

Mike

i,ve got sako 85 laminated in 270 and liked it that much i bought a sako 75 in laminated awell.
stav

Back