Roe and Munty heads

Pete6.5

deer heads 003.jpgdeer heads 002.jpg After ten years of stalking and thinking that big boy is round the corner i finally caught up with the two heads i have been dreaming about.

I dont know yet i will get it done in sept. Have put it next to friends gold heads and it still looks good.

That roe looks like a stotter,what weight is in it?
Please tell me you haven't cut the skull.
Zoomed in and it's cut.
Should still score well,nice head,very symmetrical,will score well for beauty points I'd think,best of luck with it

Last edited:
The roe head looks well nice. Does it matter that you have cut it hmm not sure. I think it can still be measured but the 90 won't have to be deducted. Very nice heads.

To Cut or not to cut that is the question? Cut well i dont think there is a prob but i have seen alot of heads that have had far to much cut of. I have boiled whole heads out and then cut and weighed both bits and the bottom part has been less than 90grams.

Can still be measured,not saying it can't but as Pete says if the bottom part(bit that's cut off)is less than 90g no problems,then again if it's more=less weight to measure.Better not to cut IMO but then that's just me.
Cracker of a head still,have you got a weight for it Pete?

530grams 250 volume 28cm length at the moment Romsey area

I think the roe looks a potential gold with those measurements especially given the exceptional beauty points that it should collect. The pearling and colour in particular look very good.

The munty is more difficult to assess without measurements, a lot of munty scoring is about symmetry as well as overall length, it looks good but measurements would help.

Last edited:
right 11.3cm left 11cm coronet are 9cm circumference 10.2cm inside span mid point 4cm circumference im not to sure if the brow tines count

right 11.3cm left 11cm coronet are 9cm circumference 10.2cm inside span mid point 4cm circumference im not to sure if the brow tines count

Didn't mention the fact I let you shoot a goodun of mine the day before! I'd like to know about the brow tines too. When do they count?

530grams 250 volume 28cm length at the moment Romsey area

If the weight is that of the cut skull these stats make the head a definate gold, on weight/volume/length alone it makes gold, before you even get span or any beauty points. I'm guessing it will be up around 150cic. Most heads with 200cc volume are up around gold standard.

Well done!

Last edited:
Back