Available: FC leases in the North.

goathunter1

Title says it all lads. Forestry Commission Tenders Scotland. Plenty to drool over - but far away from most of us.
Good hunting.

Some cracking blocks by the look of it. If I could only set aside enough time to travel up there regularly!

Is anyone on here thinking of going for STRATHRANNOCH, CARN MHOR & BEN WYVIS NNR blocks?
I'm living quite close & would be interested in being part of a team on that one.

Ian

Look like some steep cull targets there, some blocks have a five year average of 9 deer and the new cull is 60+.......

Nice area that too on Wyvis my fathers croft is round the hill a bit more towards Evanton than the area covered.

A wee closer look at the FC leases. I thought I would break them down and I was shocked when I seen the figures. Here goes.

Achormlarie costs £3360 inc vat with the maximum 4 stalkers. Costs £840 to be one of the stalkers. Shoot 20.5 deer and that works out at £40.97 a head.

Braehour costs £3480 inc vat with the maximum 3 stalkers. Costs £1160 to be one of the stalkers. Shoot 23 deer and that works out at £50.43 a head.

Dalchork costs £2160 inc vat with the maximum 4 stalkers. Costs £540 to be one of the stalkers. Shoot 8.75 deer and that works out at £61.71 a head

Dalchreichart costs £3120 incvat with the maximum 4 stalkers. Costs £780 to be one of the stalkers. Shoot 16 deer and that works out at £48.75 a head

Invershin costs £1680 inc vat with the maximum 2 stalkers. Costs £840 to be one of the stalkers. Shoot 15 deer and that works out at £56 per head

West Strath costs £3000 inc vat with the maximum 2 stalkers. Costs £1500 to be one of the stalkers. Shoot 33 deer and that works out at £45.45 per head

Strathrannoch costs £6720 inc vat with the maximum 5 stalkers. Costs £1344 to be one of the stalkers. Shoot 25.6 deer and that works out £52.50 per head.

I might be wrong and thinking that it doesnt seem like its value for money as the FC are getting the deer to cash into the game dealer. I wont be paying £62 to pull the trigger, think of the added costs on this aswell quad etc. They should be paying us to shoot the deer for them. Cheers Hootsman

A wee closer look at the FC leases. I thought I would break them down and I was shocked when I seen the figures. Here goes.

Achormlarie costs £3360 inc vat with the maximum 4 stalkers. Costs £840 to be one of the stalkers. Shoot 20.5 deer and that works out at £40.97 a head.

Braehour costs £3480 inc vat with the maximum 3 stalkers. Costs £1160 to be one of the stalkers. Shoot 23 deer and that works out at £50.43 a head.

Dalchork costs £2160 inc vat with the maximum 4 stalkers. Costs £540 to be one of the stalkers. Shoot 8.75 deer and that works out at £61.71 a head

Dalchreichart costs £3120 incvat with the maximum 4 stalkers. Costs £780 to be one of the stalkers. Shoot 16 deer and that works out at £48.75 a head

Invershin costs £1680 inc vat with the maximum 2 stalkers. Costs £840 to be one of the stalkers. Shoot 15 deer and that works out at £56 per head

West Strath costs £3000 inc vat with the maximum 2 stalkers. Costs £1500 to be one of the stalkers. Shoot 33 deer and that works out at £45.45 per head

Strathrannoch costs £6720 inc vat with the maximum 5 stalkers. Costs £1344 to be one of the stalkers. Shoot 25.6 deer and that works out £52.50 per head.

I might be wrong and thinking that it doesnt seem like its value for money as the FC are getting the deer to cash into the game dealer. I wont be paying £62 to pull the trigger, think of the added costs on this aswell quad etc. They should be paying us to shoot the deer for them. Cheers Hootsman

I didnt think the carcases belong to the Fc I thought they were the syndicates property.
Just checked I was correct. These leases are good value if you get the beasts down

Nutty

Last edited:
Lease holder and syndicate members keep the deer mate.
There is a lot of FC bashing on the site, maybe i'm just lucky but I for one have had no problem with them at all.

Last edited:
plus 1 with above that's how i read it anyway, besides that they still retain the right to put in forestry commission rangers/contractors.........

This is the same with most leases though mate . . . .I have a lease with a private forestry company and they can also put a contractor in if you fail to do the job properly . . . . I think there is a missconception that the FC are just desperate to put contractors in to lamp your lease, I just don't think thats the case . . . . The FC are going through hard times just like the rest of the public sector . . . . . .They want the deer shot, if you shoot them and do the job you will be left well alone.

I take my thoughts out of my arse lol. Thats cool and my I apolagise for getting that wrong I better get my calculator out again lol. For the record I wasnt dissing the FC I miss understood. Yes they are good value when you look at it now. cheers Hootsman

While we are on the subject. whats the going rate for deer at the game dealer to I make better calculations lol. cheers Hootsman

Central belt area were we only have roe deer can be as much as £100 a roe. Take away 35 notes for the beast and your out of pocket by 65 notes. But hey i know some one that pays 600 to see there football team or 1200 for a gold membership. You pays your money its up to you.

This is the same with most leases though mate . . . .I have a lease with a private forestry company and they can also put a contractor in if you fail to do the job properly . . . . I think there is a missconception that the FC are just desperate to put contractors in to lamp your lease, I just don't think thats the case . . . . The FC are going through hard times just like the rest of the public sector . . . . . .They want the deer shot, if you shoot them and do the job you will be left well alone.

Totally disagree we made our cull and more but the ranger still shot deer on our bit every time he came across them.

Mark.

Back