Another massive Scottish Roebuck.

mj robson

I've just been sent a picture from a friend of another massive Roebuck shot in Scotland this year. It is pictured next to the big buck from Deeside and is bigger still!!! :eek:

Been a very good year north of the border for monster bucks!!!

Last edited:
Sorry guys, but being a southerner I haven't seen or heard of these two monsters any chance of some pics thanks .

I saw the head ( if its the same one, although there can't be many!)when I was in Bushwear a couple of weeks back and it was unbelievably thick and heavy, don't think the guy who shot it realised what he had shot as it had been cut only leaving a small bit of skull and at a slant, I also believe it has now been sold on after being measured.

Moose

I don't know the score but I believe it still has to go the 90 days yet.

Has this one just been shot as the one I'm talking about has been measured, and there was talk in Bushwear of it possibly being the new Scottish record.

Moose

I saw the head ( if its the same one, although there can't be many!)when I was in Bushwear a couple of weeks back and it was unbelievably thick and heavy, don't think the guy who shot it realised what he had shot as it had been cut only leaving a small bit of skull and at a slant, I also believe it has now been sold on after being measured.

Moose

If it has been cut at the wrong place and also if it has not yet completed the statutory 90 days drying period it could not be measured correctly.

HWH.

It's not my place to post the picture just yet, not until it's been officially scored after the 90 days . But it's true that 2 VERY big heads heve been shot in Scotland this year.

Do you think scotland is now the place to go for the really big animals. We must have more roe deer medals per hec than any other country.
Only one came off my ground this year but it was gold and others were seen. ;)

Davie, big bucks on the east coast Fife and Aberdeenshire in particular, some decent ones turn up else where but the west coast as a rule does not produce good heads, however IMO a bronze medal from the west coast is just as note worthy as a gold from Fife where you are tripping over them.

Davie, big bucks on the east coast Fife and Aberdeenshire in particular, some decent ones turn up else where but the west coast as a rule does not produce good heads, however IMO a bronze medal from the west coast is just as note worthy as a gold from Fife where you are tripping over them.

They get too many 'e' numbers in their diet around Glasgow to be healthy enough to grow heads in the 200's...

Yes the scotsport buck was the 1st one shot.

The East coast of Scotland has always been a good place to visit for big bucks, these two bucks will be high up the table of big Roe heads shot in Europe.

Sadly being on the west cost we will need to work hard for our big lads but when they do turn up they are real big. I just remember a DVD with Hans something or other on it telling how the English bucks were far superior to the Scottish ones. Might have been propaganda from the English agents lol.
When i checked i am sure more golds on average come out of scotland and its only a tiny % land mass size of Englandshire time for a new DVD what do you think MJ

Back