Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Badger cull

idiots i think as shooting badgers is common in europe and doesnt seem to have affected the population of badgers just controls it realy.i think if these people are that committed to keeping babgers alive they wouldnt mind paying for the vaccination program as they seem to be pytting in tremendous efforts to disrupt trials but as we all know if that was the case these people would be no where to be seen

On what grounds can they make a citizens arrest.If you are commiting no offence and shooting within the law then surely making a citizens arrest is in fact holding someone against their will.

So will you guy's put yourselves forward to be part of the cull?

I would do it if asked, just like shooting any 'pest' if that is what they legally become... but I don't think I'd look upon it as much of an achievement though. I have counted as many as a dozen running under a highseat next to a sett before and even when you stumble upon them they are pretty damn fearless.

One thing is for sure, the ones I have seen could be culled easily and humanely.... as for whether they should or not.... probably... but I'm not qualified to back that up as anything other than observation...

The very first line on that site states:

Please help us to stop this cull from becoming a national wildlife disaster.
    What these numpties don't realise is that if we do nothing, then we are actually fostering a national wildlife disaster. Badgers kill and eat anything and everything they can overcome, ranging from rare plants to dormice, hedgehogs, skylarks, nightjars, and so on. By not controlling badgers, we are consigning many of our most treasured species to eventual extinction. Bovine TB is merely a side-show in the bigger picture.

Its a PR disaster for all involved, mainly as DEFRA has ballsed it up from the beginning

what is the recommended calibre for a badger?
    wouldnt want to take them with a .22 CF.
    fecking hard things to stop when they get hit by cars let alone bullets!

WHERE DO I SIGN UP i'll take part in the cull for free.
    i'm not nots just think that as they are at the to ofr their food chain without any natural predators they need to be controled by us, and lets face it a hundread years of hunting them failed to wipe them out so what chance has a limited cull got?

.22cf will do the job no prob. Remember its accuracy that kills
    It's accuracy that kills.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    what is the recommended calibre for a badger?
    14.21 The Protection of Badgers Act 1992
    makes it a criminal offence to kill or injure
    badgers except in limited circumstances
    (for example, as a mercy killing, as an
    incidental result of a lawful action or under
    a licence issued by DEFRA). If badgers are
    to be shot, this must be done with a
    smooth-bore weapon of not less than 20
    bore or a rifle using ammunition having a
    muzzle energy of at least 160 foot pounds
    and a bullet weighing not less than 38 grains.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.