Litter

6pointer

I have just bred MY bmh to my Wirevizsla this was a deliberate mating the BHM needed a bit more tracked abuilty and i have a grand child that is allergic to dog hair. They will be strong and resistant to the Scottish winter weather. I am hoping that they will not cast and should have the gentlest of temperament with people. I will 1/4 dock the tails as is the norm with the vizsla. They should be equally good at ground and air sent. They will no doubt have long ears and have best of both worlds reagds colour. Any one interested please contact me on. PM

BOTH PARENTS CAN BE SEEN AND ARE SEASONED WORKERS.

STUD DOG

Bitch

bigbuckJims032.jpg

TO COVER COST ONLY £100

Last edited:
Its pity you did not put this ad up earlier on in the week i would have been interested but now i have put a deposit on a HWV

So old Buck still has it in him. At least you would not have had to put Ria up on a chair like when you mated Buck with the Lhaso Apso.

Gazza these are not for messing about with on dried blood or day glow nylon leads these are bred for work and i am sure will be the start of a new line of Scottish deer stalkers dog. I will advertise them as the Wirehaired Bavarian Deerdog WBD for short pedigrees will be given as will a small training pack.

Well I hope you are not going to include a litre of blood in the training pack. I can see where you are heading with this new line of deer dog (air/ground scenting, with size able to bay all British Deer, hairless for the grand weans, possibly even pointing that hidden sika) and realise that there are a few who will be going SHOCK, HORROR but if you include blood in the training pack...................

Gazza these are not for messing about with on dried blood or day glow nylon leads these are bred for work and i am sure will be the start of a new line of Scottish deer stalkers dog. I will advertise them as the Wirehaired Bavarian Deerdog WBD for short pedigrees will be given as will a small training pack.

Sorry - but the "pedigree" will be nothing more than a bit of a paper - they are after all simply mongrels.

Good luck with your litter and I hope it works out for you, but having seen numerous x-bred dogs over the years, the actual number that work anywhere near as good as either parents are small.

Mike

Sorry mike the paperwork is very important if you are going to start a new line/breed and most failed dogs are down to breeding to substandard dogs together. Both these dogs are top workers with top pedigrees. I am sure most can see the benefit of a proper sent hound with a good thick coat and also a versatile gun dog with a bit more determination. Mongrels are cross breeds bred with cross breeds this is an organised meeting to produce a dog that we in the British isles can use for tracking and as a companion deer dog something we dog not have at the moment. Wrens Mews you obviously no nothing of dog breeding. It is with deliberate crossing like this that new and extremely useful breeds are developed. :evil:

Gazza,hope you're buying one cos pound to a penny it'll work better than diesel with that parentage.
Hope your keeping one back as well Davie for yourself;)

You should have lined the bitch yourself 6 pointer and then the mongrels could have stalked the deer, shot it, and followed it up as well :rofl:

Last edited:
The great thing about a mating (new breed) like this is that with the pups you can set your own breed standards...

Long hair, short hair, wee legs, long legs, weight, build, temperament etc etc. As Davie will be the recognised expert in the country he can also hold training days and impart his knowledge of the breed, their ability and work style on those that will surely be flocking to grab one. ;)

Plummer terriers had to start some where. As most of you know where cross bred to start with and now breed true to type .if a hwv cross bavarian mountain hound hybred works out you will have hybred vigor .the gene pool to these both these pure breeds in this country are still to small. How much in breeding is going on in there lines without importing new blood .6 pointer wants to give it a go.he could do with the help of us stalkers . If i was not already commited to buying a hwv from another stalker after looking for the lines i want .i would have jumped at the chance.i used to breed pure fell ponies.but the lack of stallions in the gene pool due to in breeding i have decided to stop breeding from them [because of the blinkered breeders of the past] this has caused a syndrome known as foal imune syndrome. Its also found in coloured cobs due to fell pony mares being used to bring the size of the cobs down . Only some foals that are affected die but some are carriers and a lot are clear but still a lottery [this is just a brief outline of what in breeding has caused to the fell pony] yes the queen uses them as garrons

so give the man a chance with his first cross

by the way i dont know him

pendle

How much wine had you had when you wrote this, it's a stalking site not a fishing site, :D.

Can you put aside a black dog for me please

John

How much wine had you had when you wrote this, it's a stalking site not a fishing site, :D.

Can you put aside a black dog for me please

John

If you want one in that colour John I think it will have to be painted...

John i will keep one back for you if there is one with collie spaniel markings lmfao some of the best workers are crossbreeds after all .Anyway thanks to this thread we can all get back to talking dogs for deer and hope that my big old lad dose not really get his Nat king Cole from RIA.:oops:
MAY I JUST ADD THERE IS A MARKET FOR THEM

Sorry - but the "pedigree" will be nothing more than a bit of a paper - they are after all simply mongrels.

Good luck with your litter and I hope it works out for you, but having seen numerous x-bred dogs over the years, the actual number that work anywhere near as good as either parents are small.

Mike
+1

Inverwire all pedigrees are bits of paper they tell you the lines of the parents they have no other value.

If the cross fails to help with the dog hair allergy perhaps you could consider crossing the resulting offspring with one of these?

XoloitzcuintliCaminosFridaKahlo1.jpg

I think this would be excellent for the wet scottish weather and could reduce the smell of wet dog in the back of the car?

Back