Thread: Hi all

Hi all

Well I have been on this for quite a while now and have not introduced myself please accept my profound apology. I am lucky enough to have a little ground here in the north and stalk purely as a hobby and not nearly as well as all you pros' out there in fact decidedly amateur but I have been at this for a long time now so I have modest experience. I have a dog or two who on occasion find a deer or two.

The burning question of rifles and calibers seem to fry some, I have a simple view, rather liKe lady's ideally they need to look wonderful and work well. Oh so much lacking in the "PC" department. On the numbers attached to the bottom of the case again a simple view it just needs to kill well at a sensible yardage, if the beast is to far out don't bother, the other question is always how dead does it have to be? I think a much forgotten aspect of caliber is how much cover you have to get through to get to the beast, how many roe for example in the full summer foliage situation are missed with light rounds blowing up on twigs etc on the way in, on one disastrous morning I suffered this on two separate occasions, fortunately no injury to the most grateful king of the Birches.

I should probably sign of there for now. Happy stalking good people.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses