Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox calling already ?

Fox calling already ?

I have heard a fox on two separate occasions now rather pee's me off as we have standing crops still and poults getting adventurous .
    i have a reversing bleeper wired up and bleeping near one pen perhaps it was complaining about the noise .anyone else heard any ?
    regards Norma

Just the odd isolated calling, off in the distance , about three times this last couple of months.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The only one I've heard recently was inside my Foxpro caller last night. Nothing came to it, so I switched to 'young rat distress', and a big dog fox I've been after for weeks came steaming in. The moment I switched my laser illuminator on (I was using NV), he did an emergency stop and turned and ran. He wasn't able to outrun my .22-250 though.

had one about 15 yards behind me the other day calling, had heard it from close to there the day before. Really canny and very lamp shy so its a challenge and pit of wills at the moment but its day will come

Heard one calling in wood behind me the other night, shot an old dog fox sat on the hill listening intently and a big cub doing the same about 5 mins later, just luck, good for me, bad for them! (Didn't see or get the noisy bugger!)

yep heard one last week,could hear it but not see it,tried the vixen call hoping he might come out but nothing.

Yup heard it on Friday night while out lamping

I shot one last week ,I called it in with a territory call down loaded to my smart phone

Very early eh ? Full moon coming perhaps or just calling thier mates to my pen

Thank Gawd for that. Heard one two nights ago: thought I was imagining it!.
    Best get that 250 working so you can send me a few more 'empties' and I can get you paid up .