Fox calling already ?

norma 308

I have heard a fox on two separate occasions now rather pee's me off as we have standing crops still and poults getting adventurous .
i have a reversing bleeper wired up and bleeping near one pen perhaps it was complaining about the noise .anyone else heard any ?
regards Norma

The only one I've heard recently was inside my Foxpro caller last night. Nothing came to it, so I switched to 'young rat distress', and a big dog fox I've been after for weeks came steaming in. The moment I switched my laser illuminator on (I was using NV), he did an emergency stop and turned and ran. He wasn't able to outrun my .22-250 though.

had one about 15 yards behind me the other day calling, had heard it from close to there the day before. Really canny and very lamp shy so its a challenge and pit of wills at the moment but its day will come

Heard one calling in wood behind me the other night, shot an old dog fox sat on the hill listening intently and a big cub doing the same about 5 mins later, just luck, good for me, bad for them! (Didn't see or get the noisy bugger!)

yep heard one last week,could hear it but not see it,tried the vixen call hoping he might come out but nothing.

Thank Gawd for that. Heard one two nights ago: thought I was imagining it!.
Best get that 250 working so you can send me a few more 'empties' and I can get you paid up :D.

Foxes will call all year round, not that often but it does happen. This time of year vixens will occasionally call to her cubs after they have moved on. Very often there is no reply!!!!!

Would love to get into them ........soggy wet wheat here ,will have to get those cases to you 243 ack sorry been stressed lol
norma

Had more than one cub calling to the Foxpro the last few outings. They seem to love the Juv fox call and Juv fox distress call. Even after having shot 2 we had another calling to the call from maybe 400 yards. Came in over a hill to 200 yards and met a 204 round on its way down the hill, it was walking 20 yards calling back then walking again.

Had more than one cub calling to the Foxpro the last few outings. They seem to love the Juv fox call and Juv fox distress call. Even after having shot 2 we had another calling to the call from maybe 400 yards. Came in over a hill to 200 yards and met a 204 round on its way down the hill, it was walking 20 yards calling back then walking again.
i was glad when you did shoot it it would not shut up!!!!!! (it did come in from a good way off)

Hmmm, must save up for a fox pro, I have no doubt it would have a good effect on my fox shooting.:cool:

I think we need to distinguish between the normal fox calls that you can hear all year round and those that are only made during the mating season. I wouldn't expect to hear the latter for another couple of months yet.

Out last night, took the fox pro, pulled out two dog foxes on field mouse call, they charged in and had to mute the caller, changed to vixen and cub calls they didn't blink an eye. Absolutely not interested.

Only a head count, pre clearance programme, had plenty of time to play with the caller - not one fox seen that reacted to a mating call all come into rodent including rabbit distress calls.

In two hours from 18.00 - 20.00 hrs see plenty of foxes coming into the call, one of which had two white high socks on the rear legs, second fox I have seen this year miles away from each other with white colorations.

Atb

Phil

Back