fallow

the scudd

hi can anyone give me any tips for attracting fallow.
iv,e recently got permission to shoot on 70 acres of land some arable some forestry :lol: .the farmer tells me that he regulary see,s 10 to 15 fallow on it,just wanted to know of anything i can do to attract them to certain areas.
any advice appreciated,thanks the scudd

I think if i'm correct Stone mentioned he uses mollasses dripped over a bale of hay to attract them but don'tshoot them at the bale but intercept them before , sorry if the info was wrong Stone

Jonathon

try using salt licks or rock salt from the agricultural supplier they love it. put it on an old stump or somehting so the salt gets absorb that way they keep coming even if the salt has gone.

Joking

Sorry cold not resist

I was on a deer farm in febraury full of fallow and he was feeding them silage NOT haylage and topped with mollasses.

there was over 40 every night on the bale until they scoffed the lot.

Reds were same.

I think you should do what dieseldan says..in his first suggestion..
it might get that loose skin off from all the sunburn you got last week..

Whole maize. They chuffin love it :D
But very expensive at £350 a ton!

Or I have had sucess with a huge pile of crab apples, they cant seem to resist :evil:

Whole maize. They chuffin love it :D
But very expensive at £350 a ton!

Or I have had sucess with a huge pile of crab apples, they cant seem to resist :evil:

CONKERS!! Get the kids to collect loads and distribute them, deer like them apparently (or so the old man said)

acorns , & nuts..especially sheep nuts..like chocolate to them, they come out early am , & follow our quad with them on ! so do the pheasant , when the weather is bad. It looks like something from the pied piper... :lol:

Back