which hand held lamp for foxing?

I have red and amber filters for it to but rarely use them as they cut the beam back so much

The glass filters that Cluson sell work ok, but as said they do cut the light back a fair bit.
I made my own from a thin plastic film that is normally used for stage lighting, cost me £5 for a pack of 4 colours (you will get 4 or 5 filters per sheet), the yellow that I use most of the time has next to no affect on the distance the beam pushes out to.

Neil. :)

The glass filters that Cluson sell work ok, but as said they do cut the light back a fair bit.
I made my own from a thin plastic film that is normally used for stage lighting, cost me £5 for a pack of 4 colours (you will get 4 or 5 filters per sheet), the yellow that I use most of the time has next to no affect on the distance the beam pushes out to.

Neil. :)

Thanks for all the replies and thanks for the tip on the filters Neil.

Don't like the LED lamps as they emit a horrible noise when lit.

I think you are refering to HID lamps not LED, as for a horrible noise i have had the lightforce 240 HID and the very, very faint buzz that you can hear if you put your ear up close really wont bother 999 out of 1000 people and it certainly wont disturb a fox as it would be long dead before it could get that close.

I use a light force hid and can id foxes clearly to over 300 yards. The only downside is the frequency of light they put out gets totally destroyed when you use red filters. You wouldn't believe the difference when you use a red filter- far worse loss than a halogen lamp. Without the filters they are very hard to beat.

Give Tony a call at Taclight.co.uk he will have something, the Nightmaster 800 was £119 and my one beams easily out to 500m with the Red LED in it.

Back