price of .375 ammo

deerstalker.308

Perhaps I should have found this out before hand, but what is the going rate for .375 ammo? I live very close to Kynoch arms, so I will most likely get some from them, but interested to see what the price of factory loads are.......

Hi

A box of 300grn I have says £44.95/20 - I picked this up a few years ago from a local dealer as it was left over from a 'hand-in'.

Just reload now as far cheaper on local deer..................

L

ok, so twice the price of .308 then........I'm guessing though that unless its being used a lot, not worth the out lay on reloading gear. I suspect that if I get it from Kynoch and return used brass the price will go down (he says optimistically!!!!)
Thanks for the reply.

You will be looking at around £80+ a box, especially with premium bullets loaded. Hornady will probably be the cheapest, but i wouldn't shoot anything big or expensive with it. Kynoch ammo is not great at all, and i would advise using Federal or Norma.

Outch outch and f****** ok, hadn't quite thought it would be sooooo expensive! Especially not the price on Mcleods website Dalua! This could be damaging, Danpd, whats the issue with Kynoch? I haven't used them yet, but they are litterally 500m from my door step so they would seem logical. What about the costs of home loading? Never thought about it before, but might have to be considered!
Thanks for all responses though!

The cost of a basic reloading kit will be recouped very quickly on that cartridge - the more you shoot the less you pay so to speak.

Have you managed to progress the use of the .375 in the UK on deer then?

The cost of a basic reloading kit will be recouped very quickly on that cartridge - the more you shoot the less you pay so to speak.

Have you managed to progress the use of the .375 in the UK on deer then?

+1. With the larger calibres such as .375 H&H and 9.3x74r reloading really is the answer. I don't know about Kynoch as regards quality but their prices certainly frighten me. Mcleods prices are a good indicator of the price of ammunition.

Looking at the prices on Macleod`s reloading is definitely the way to go.... £7.00 and pennies, is a lot of bucks for your single bang.....

Good luck DS.308 I hope you get a good solution.

All the best.

Neil.

Last time I checked privi did 375 H&H at about £150 per hundred, if it was only for practice or for use on uk species it might be worth a look.

Regards

Mike

If you are practicing with the .375 why don't you use cast bullets? Just clean out all the copper fouling in the barrel first

My last lot were Norma PH's at £60 for 10, so will be reloading for next years hunt.

Regards

DavieH

I always use Norma oryx 300gr love em, i paid £62.50 per box of 20 i have anouther 100 on order but its looking like they will cost more when the finally come, This is a very good bullet, works well, and i certainly have alot of faith in it, unless they start comeing out as really stupied money im gonna stick with them.

Reload i use Hornady and sierra bullet heads all work well but the sierra are better made no damaged tips

Cheapest I found by a long way was from Roberts in Vauxhall. Kynoc was very expensive.

Regards

Back