Taclight

Roebuck270

Anyone useing a taclight ? this small torch can be attached to your scope and is as powerful as a plug in lamp, or so they they. If anyone has got one or has used one i would love to know as this sounds most interesting and would certainly buy one if it does what it says on the tin.

Last edited:
I have just got one and i'm most impressed with it. The normal white bulb is very bright and focuses to a small area. Brighter than my Lightforce 170. Tuesday night I went foxing with it using the red LED bulb and although it was not the darkest of nights I'd say it was about the same brightness as the lightforce with the red filter on.

Cheers

Andy

I have an Olight M20S Warrior (R5) Tactical Torch which is very similar - use it on a .22LR for bunnies with a remote switch. Seems superb for that and for walking dogs in the dark. Amazing brightness - can spot my dogs at well over 200 yards although they are white springers, so that may be cheating - their eyes glow well too though, variability is good and battery life seems more than adequate. Got mine from Tony at taclight.co.uk - Only real downside I have found is the name...:evil:

Force64 does it give a wide beam like what you would get from a normal lamp or is it a small spot ? Can the beam be adjusted ? Does it come with different colour bulbs and have you used a filter with it ?

Anyone useing a taclight ? this small torch can be attached to your scope and is as powerful as a plug in lamp, or so they they. If anyone has got one or has used one i would love to know as this sounds most interesting and would certainly buy one if it does what it says on the tin.
Evening roebuck,if you pop over to airgunbbs there is a long thread running about this torch with some video and pictures:tiphat:It is posted in the firearms section.I too am thinking about getting one to replace the sattelite dish i have at the moment on my lamping gun.
All the best
dave

Been using a clulite masterlight for some time now, bit overpriced but at least you can get spares. Beam is very tight and when you use it scope mounted you tend to have to swing the rifle about a bit more than you'd like to, the colour temperature is also pretty cool and this tends to make things look a bit flat and two dimensional, however with the red flipup filter attached this is the best one man rabbit/close range fox outfit I've ever used.

Roebuck270

Bram is narrow and defined spot as opposed to more of a broad light with the lightforce. the beam is also more of a true red rather than a washed out red. Beam can't really be adjusted.

Different bulbs can be fitted. I have the white and red and will order the infrared. Look on the bbs for comments.

Andy

Andy

Cheers guys, sounds like this could be a good buy, think im gonna have to get one and give it a go myself :D

I have an Olight M20S Warrior (R5) Tactical Torch which is very similar - use it on a .22LR for bunnies with a remote switch. Seems superb for that and for walking dogs in the dark. Amazing brightness - can spot my dogs at well over 200 yards although they are white springers, so that may be cheating - their eyes glow well too though, variability is good and battery life seems more than adequate. Got mine from Tony at taclight.co.uk - Only real downside I have found is the name...:evil:

I really am tempted to get one with the red filter and try it out for foxing on the 243 as the current one I have is a nasty cree that sometimes doesnt do full brightness and I don't want anything too bulky or a seperate pack for battery.

Last edited:
A little update, I ordered one of the M20S on Saturday and rang up this morning just to check its being posted today. Spoke with a very helpful gentlemen (Tony) who confirmed it would be out for tomorrow for me to go foxing.

5 minutes later he called back to say that if I was looking to be predominately doing foxes that it might be more suitable to go for the Nightmaster 800 as this allows interchangeable LED's so no light is lost through a filter and gives amazing results out to 500 meters :). He also mentioned that the M20S on white beam was very good but if using a filter then it would reduce the effective range down to about 80 yards, he said that he was happy for me to try it and send it back if not quite up to it but I thought nope lets go with the Nightmaster!

I should be getting this tomorrow and in total it will be costing about £170 for everything (switch filter etc) but it looks like money well spent, ill do a little piece on this when it arrives and let everyone know as Im fed up with carrying a large battery over my shoulder or on a belt!

http://www.nightmaster.co.uk/nm800.html

Last edited:
I bought the nightmaster 800from Taclight with a red led and have used for a couple of weeks.

The lamp itself is very good, most definately suitable for foxing. Coupled with a meopta 6x 42 I can confirm suficient light levels to clearly identify passed 200m, eyes visable passed 400m.
The beam is adjustable from a very tight square (a bit odd at first), not measured but i would guess 7m square at 150m to more spread.
I have used the light for a couple of hours burn between charges with only 5-10 mins of charging required, this is with the extension tube.

I have not managed to work out the different power modes to date, but to be fair I have not really tried hard.

The only downside is the mount, it is a pain to line up having no elevation/windage adjustment, and moving with only small knocks. If anyone has a solution or a spare cluson mount please let me know.

On the whole I would highly reccomend the unit, if you are intolerant of door slamming/ chatting/ too much light/ "interesting calling techniques" etc etc then this will allow you to get out alone easily, or make a very small easy to use main lamp.

If anyone can arrange a suitable location I would be happy to bring the unit for a people to see in action.

Tabs

I bought the nightmaster 800from Taclight with a red led and have used for a couple of weeks.

The lamp itself is very good, most definately suitable for foxing. Coupled with a meopta 6x 42 I can confirm suficient light levels to clearly identify passed 200m, eyes visable passed 400m.
The beam is adjustable from a very tight square (a bit odd at first), not measured but i would guess 7m square at 150m to more spread.
I have used the light for a couple of hours burn between charges with only 5-10 mins of charging required, this is with the extension tube.

I have not managed to work out the different power modes to date, but to be fair I have not really tried hard.

The only downside is the mount, it is a pain to line up having no elevation/windage adjustment, and moving with only small knocks. If anyone has a solution or a spare cluson mount please let me know.

On the whole I would highly reccomend the unit, if you are intolerant of door slamming/ chatting/ too much light/ "interesting calling techniques" etc etc then this will allow you to get out alone easily, or make a very small easy to use main lamp.

If anyone can arrange a suitable location I would be happy to bring the unit for a people to see in action.

Tabs

The Red LED is a Dedicated Single Mode and as such is not power adjustable as the original clear/white LED is.

This is all good information. the idea i have is to have a small light weight set up that i can go out on my own, can anyone confirm how easy it is to use the torch as a hand held and once charlie has be located get it attached to the scope quick enough to take the shot ?

Back