Deer found in tree.

It's amazing how the media manage to dramatise everything.

There cant be many guys out there brave enough or stupid enough to try & hang a live roe deer that far up a tree to "mutilate it" - is there?
The thing would be kicking & flailing like hell, you'd be in a bigger mess that it was by the time you'd got it hung.

looks like they knew to hang a deer when gralloching, they probably planned to joint and butcher right there on the spot tbh. the fact that it was hanging from branches like we sometimes do when we gralloch in the field makes me wonder about the expertise behind the act....was it indeed an experienced stalker being a bit naughty on a neighbours field???

9ft up!

bloody tall poachers if they intended to gralloch it that high...if it was indeed that high..

I note with interest other such topics that the Daily Record links to further down the page such as:

[h=1]Are Female City Cyclists' Vulvas At Risk?[/h]

well I would hang a deer with the top of the hind legs well above my head so I had the main cavity around my head/chest working height, and if the legs were not cut the actual top of the hind legs could well be near 9',,plus, the media always over exaggerate!

I reckon some silly f*cker just forgot his knife - probably poachers coursing, or a poacher just shot it then fluffed the gralloch :doh:

The carcass looks as though its been hanging there for a few days.
As the head is hanging low to the ground the foxes/badgers will have been away with the snout, cheeks & ears.
Scavangers like crows, buzzards etc may have had a go at the arse end.

hi poachers normally hang the deer go home with the dogs or gun ect and come back and pick it up if anyone sees them they just say ive found this deer up a tree when out for a walk no chance of getting into trouble for poaching no evidence

Never cesaes to amaze that quite rightly the SSPCA make the right comments on any news regarding possible poaching with dogs but what reaction do you get if you phone them or the Police re an ongoing situation.

I'm 6'4" and I know for certain if I wanted to hang a deer that high I'd need to climb the tree first!

6pointer good dogs don,t rip the arse out, obviously a stalker with DSC 1, waiting to get no 2 before he can gut it.:stir:,

Poachers interupetd is my guess we had it a couple of times in Easter house my mate found one took it down ****ed on it and then put it back. The derr was gone the next day. Not a thing i would do but did make me laugh.

If the deer was from easter house the the pee would be the least of the problem to who ever was to eat it the deer was probably on the methadone program.:rofl:

Ha ha Kev thats mega. Imagine pishing on a deer anyway, thats mental. Maybe the deer did commit suicide cause it missed the roe rutt like alot of us lol. cheers Hootsman

Back