Thread: 3 species in40 minutes

3 species in40 minutes

Sorry but not Deer but I thought you might be interested in my trip last night in the gator to shoot rabbits on rape fields before they graze it off as it comes up. I think the good Lord sent rabbits down to show that no matter how hard you kill them they will soon be back. We shoot ,trap,destroy their earths, gas them cut down the hedges and still they come back. So out for an hour with my son with the .22 Sako finnfire . 15 rabbits , 2 hares and well grown fox cub.I shot the cub which just came to a quiet squeek with a high velocity round at 50 m. The Eley HVS work quite well at close ranges but the risk of richoshet means no shot with out really good backstop and no houses,roads nearby

So very productive hour. 2 trips out so far and 35 furry bunnnys accounted for. Out again tomorrow perhaps.

Weld done, good to spent time with your son
    I my area we leave hares alone, they never get up to significant levels, i understand some areas they become a pest
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Yes they are a pest here -can see upto 25 in one 30 acre field in the spring. Not only do they do damage grazing newly emerged rape seedlings and all our new hedges have to be either fenced or in tall tubes. Worst of all they encourage the illegal coursers- but dont get me started on that. So we control them so they are just enough to maintain level population.