Had a stalk this morning....

Hi folks!

After receiving a call from one of my landowners last week (to be honest, it was a scream, not a call...:doh:), I was out this morning to check this hunting area for some boar movement....
The neighbours had shot a huge male last week (about 110 kg cleaned) and my landowner was sure about some more of them cruising around and causing "a new type of damage", which I never had heard or seen before:
The boars started digging for mice and worms in his christmas tree plantations, which is usually a good and healthy thing for the trees and forest, but: While digging, they digged out a lot of freshly planted little trees and seedlings from this spring which are now laying around on the surface, bonedry and dead....:evil:

Well, I started my stalk on a huge meadow, right in the centre of this area (my TSD friend Wayne knows it very well), where I already shot some boars, but this morning there were only roes and hares around....
Also our female roe season started on the 1st of September, I decided to leave leave them, there will be some friends and guests who may take a closer look on them later on this season.

Then I realized the wind changing from north to south and got back to my car. I took a short drive to the further end of the area and started another stalk, this time along the fenceline of the plantations.... I saw nothing, except fresh tracks, new holes in the fences and digged out plants :-|, but no smelly buggers around....

Finally I reached a small valley and immediately spotted a movement: A lonely larger boar was coming out of one older plantation and headed directly towards another thickness on the other side of the valley!
I started a short run, down a skidding road, followed another logging tracking down along a small creek and moved into the position where I expected the boar to show up (its an old boar track down there...).....
Getting there, I heard the crushing brushes and thought, the boar had already passed me, but then the brushes moved and there it was: Only about 20 yards away, heading towards me!

I didnt even got up the sticks, just raised the rifle, aimed "straight between the eyes" (greetings to you!) and squeezed the trigger.
The shot, a dropping boar and some shaking legs:
View attachment 18783 Nice size, one year old male boar ("Überläuferkeiler"), 67 kg cleaned

When I called the son from the landowner to help me getting the smelly bugger out of the thickness you could hear him laughing:
"You see, this is, why I called you!"

Right! and thanks for sharing my nice stalk from this morning!

Michael :tiphat:

Nice one mate, I bet the farmer and his sons were well pleased I remember how excited they were when I shot that one last year:lol:

well done michael...u will be pleased to know i seen a lot of big sika on the opening morning over here..all in velvet except for 1 or 2 of the really big stags..seen about 15 animals on the open day..

well done michael...u will be pleased to know i seen a lot of big sika on the opening morning over here..all in velvet except for 1 or 2 of the really big stags..seen about 15 animals on the open day..
Gggrrreeeaaattt!
One more year to get them growing even bigger....

:D

Yes, I got the freezer filled already.....!
Who ever likes to show up at my place is more than welcome and will get stuffed with venison, sausages, smoked ham from deer or boar, or whatever the freezer will serve us....!

bit late in the year for barbeques now??!!

Oh no, we are having lovely early fall weather, temperatures somewhere around 20*C, sunny, but chilling temperatures in the evening..... So, if you like, just give it a try! I can also offer marinated slices of roe venison, vry tender, tasty and just the right food to go along with some glasses of red wine or even a good pint of beer....!

Oh no, we are having lovely early fall weather, temperatures somewhere around 20*C, sunny, but chilling temperatures in the evening..... So, if you like, just give it a try! I can also offer marinated slices of roe venison, vry tender, tasty and just the right food to go along with some glasses of red wine or even a good pint of beer....!

:thumb:

Back