Buck emerged last thing...........

I spent a lovely afternoon across the valley in a small dingle as I like to call it above the Market garden,it is a great place to unwind just sitting under a bush waiting for something to happen or not whichever.I could spend hours and hours over there it is so peaceful,and i did just that as nothing was moving at all,and as I said I wouldn't be too long I decided to get on home,but as I nipped under the fence into the adjoining 'dingle' I noticed a russet body right at the top by the hedgeline,so I got to a point that I could lie down to have a proper look and it turned out to be one of the resident5 Does with her twins,a little knobber and his sister,so I watched them for a little while(probably 20 minutes or so)and then decided to get back to the truck and off home.I got to the truck,but I thought I would just check out a small clearing that is one of the last places to get the sun as it starts to drop out of sight,and lo and behold a Buck was dining on the wild flowers,he was oblivious to the fact I had the scope trained on him,and as I let the bullet fly he sank onto his rear then jumped up in the air and ran down the banking a few feet a dropped without a kick.I had to get over(literally)a couple of lowish bramble bushes(OW!)to get up to him as it had overgrown a bit since I shot a Muntjac there last year,so sweating like a glass blowers ar5e and scratched to buggery I emerged with my quarry..........

Not a brilliant pic.....
IMG_1378.jpg

Here is a better pic of his head back at the larder,a nice 6 pointer....
IMG_1381.jpg

Cracker! I want one like that - not heavy, not unique in any way, but tall and symmetrical. Well worth that last wee look!

Cheers,

Andy

Nice one 'M'

Always worth one last look. It's like fishing you've always got to have just that one last cast.

Hopefully catch up one of these days

Jonathon

Martin

Well done - a nice write up as well as a nice buck.

What could you tell age-wise from his teeth? Sloping coronets, grey face, maybe going back??

willie_gunn

Martin

Well done - a nice write up as well as a nice buck.

What could you tell age-wise from his teeth? Sloping coronets, grey face, maybe going back??

willie_gunn

I haven't had a proper look at him yet Willie,I hung the head in the chiller,but if I get time I will clean him off tomorrow

Martin

Back