Look whats in my larsen trap

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
I'll probably regret admitting this, but a week ago a woman and her kids were door knocking asking if we'd seen their escaped rabbit... trying to put my freezer full of rabbits to the back of my mind I managed to keep a straight face and wished them well with their search...

So cut to this morning and there it was on my neighbour's lawn so after trying to coax it with friendly 'rabbity' noises (he wasn't falling for that one) I eventually managed, with a magnificent flying rugby tackle and a brief scuffle, to grab the little blighter.... It then occurred to me that I hadn't actually thought what I was going to do with it.... then I had an idea...

WP_000448.jpg

Bunny hugging karma coming my way :oops:

I hope I can find the owners this evening otherwise it might be destined for the freezer too! :lol:

Good point, that would be an added bonus, maybe I ought to set the trapdoors up :D

Thats very good of you to supply all that grass as well, lawn mower broke :D

Update:Owner located and collected.

Ah well... probably for the best! ;)

we always put a rabbit in our larsen traps......not always as healthy looking as that one.

I did once catch a cairn terrier in one near the house.
looked very sorry for itself squashed up against the mesh!

A few years ago, I caught a vixen in a homemade larsen trap, I couldn't believe my eyes as I approached it! I dispatched her with an old Cooey 12b single, I used to carry with me on my rounds. Had to do a bit of pannel beating to get the mesh door to close after tho!
Kev.

Back