Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Make mine a double (rifle) !

Make mine a double (rifle) !

Awsome footage!!!!
    That man has got balls,and a ready supply of clean underwear I hope!!

very impressive! albeit, apart from shooting elephant and lion, both of which I wholeheartedly disagree with..still, very impressive.

I would love to own a good double cartridge rifle! They are just too far above my pay-grade. I do have a .58 caliber percussion double rifle. It has the feel and keeps the envy gremlins at bay.~Muir

does the thought of liquidating some of your arsenal to fund a double appeal to you

Myself with my first stalking rifle in the early 60s, a Merkel O/U DB hammerless ejector in 7X65R calibre.
    I sold it some years ago to pay for double-glazing at my house.
    Whilst doubles are very nice to own they can be a nuisance to a re-loader as generally they are regulated to shoot one specific bullet.
    Mine was made for the 11.2 gramm [173 grain.] RWS round-nosed soft-point bullet.
    I used to put a 173gr re-load in the bottom barrel which had a set trigger and place a 130gr re-load in the top one.
    When the bottom barrel was zeroed into the centre at 100 yards the top barrel shot about 3 inches higher on the target so effectively I had two rifles.
    I could shoot the Roe in woodland with the bottom barrel and Reds out to 200 yards on the mountain taking the same point of aim.

like his thinking on the lion follow up a solid as a bush buster and a expanding for second shot ,elle cows after the first shot wall to wall elles
    Last edited by african jack; 06-09-2012 at 08:58.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post

does the thought of liquidating some of your arsenal to fund a double appeal to you
    Never crossed my mind. Do people actually sell guns??~Muir

Some of the best footage I've ever seen, agree with PKL in that elephants and lions aren't really my thing but if I ever get my 6 numbers up those Cape buffs had better watch out.

Christ! Incredible footage.