Thread: wild English partridge

wild English partridge

I have been seeing decent numbers of wild birds this year whilst harvesting, but to my surprise i am seeing good numbers of wild English partridge. Anyone else have an increase in their areas?
    Hunted - England, Scotland, Poland, South Africa and Spain.

We too have a good number of wild english partridge on the shoot this year. I have also seen a good number of pheasant poults and even some young french partridge.

I think alot of people thought it was going to be a poor year because of the wet weather we had but things are looking good.
    If at first you don't succeed, reload

Good numbers in Moray & Banffshire this year reported (saw a young brood 2 weeks ago), I guess the weather must have turned better after the grouse hatch but was still pretty wet mid June (although warmer) - 2nd hatch prevelant I suspect.

i'v been out around our shoot a few times and seen some good numbers. they'v never been released round our way so are all wild and breading. very nice to see

Not sure about English partridge, but the Scottish grouse have faired better than expected i thought they where Grey....

Three barren pairs and a single cock bird so far, so looking very poor here. We had a good stock this spring so were hoping for a good season this time around, one when we might even shoot a few. Not to be though from what we have seen so far.

Looking good here seen many pairs whilst dogging in I feared the worst for this seasons Birds but obviously no need to...

seeing pairs is'nt good at all.........

We have seen an increase in the last couple of years,although this year has not been so great the English seem to be ok but not much other wild game.