Airguns etc nicked in W Lothian

These airsoft guns are amazingly like the real thing even down to being the same weight as originalls and as such you need to be registered to posses them, as a registered airsofter i have several of these replicas.(m16 , m4, shotgun, H+K match pistol, ) They usually fire the 6mm bb"s at approx 350fps so are as dangerous ( sore to be shot with) as an air rifle

These airsoft guns are amazingly like the real thing even down to being the same weight as originalls and as such you need to be registered to posses them, as a registered airsofter i have several of these replicas.(m16 , m4, shotgun, H+K match pistol, ) They usually fire the 6mm bb"s at approx 350fps so are as dangerous ( sore to be shot with) as an air rifle

Sorry mate, an airsoft gun is essentially a toy, they were restricted by the VCR as a knee jerk reaction to imitation guns being used in crime, not because they are dangerous. To say it has the same power as an air rifle is crazy. I had a few as a kid and you could shoot yourself point blank with one and it would sting but that's about it.

Sorry mate, an airsoft gun is essentially a toy, they were restricted by the VCR as a knee jerk reaction to imitation guns being used in crime, not because they are dangerous. To say it has the same power as an air rifle is crazy. I had a few as a kid and you could shoot yourself point blank with one and it would sting but that's about it.

Sorry but got to agree with rarms. I was shot at 8ft with an air rifle and lost 3 pints of blood and got an nice 6 inch scar from them digging out the pellet. Can't see a airsoft doing that but then if they weigh the same you could always pistol whip someone with it. :coat:

No they`re not. Not by a long chalk, this is just what the numpties that want everything banned would want us to believe,, they are toys, nothing more, exactley like the toy FN-FAL I used to run about the streets with in the early 70`s shooting the nieghbours with when I was 6.

ok not lethal as in some air rifles but i have seen people (not wearing the proper safety gear) having earlobes ripped open , skin torn, large welts and bruises left after being shot with, and there has been incidences of people losing there eyesight after being hit in the eye, these are hardly toys. have to agree the vcr thing is over the top

Back