Anyone Know Anything About German Hunting Dogs?

Hereford bull

I've looked all over this site and can't find anything on them.

Only I'm a bit worried about this Bavarian Short Haired Weimaraner Pointing Hound I bought off this Irish bloke down the pub. He said it had Canal Club papers and everything but I think I may have been done.

Flo.jpg

I've looked all over this site and can't find anything on them.

Only I'm a bit worried about this Bavarian Short Haired Weimaraner Pointing Hound I bought off this Irish bloke down the pub. He said it had Canal Club papers and everything but I think I may have been done.

View attachment 19001

:rofl: I know this breed very well...! Its famous for all purposes, it brings in all types of birds, hares, rabbits and even smaller deer, it is the ideal stalking partner, works also great on waterfowling and is a tough partner to work on foxes or even badgers... Congratulations, if you get it trained right, you will get this thread filled with tons of hunting stories!

Suspect it's got some polish bavarian in it! Other than that looks just like my Bavarian. ;)

You lucky man. At last the breed masters and demigods from Hirshman Vinkelslip have let the great unwashed have some of their famous tracking hounds.
When the pup gets to breeding age a little Lab blood will improve the breed no end. Good luck with the training. not a easy breed to train. A dead cow pulled behind a tractor normaly leaves enough scent. no need to use blood.

Nice pup sure it will do exactly what you want, but if I was you I would get back in touch with the breeder and make sure you get the KFC registration.

That looks like on e of those BGS things ! (Big German Sausagedog)
I hear you've got a different way for your dog to follow "blood scent",beside the caravan site:scared:;)
Sicko:cuckoo:
When I'm down I want to see this training method.....

Back