Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roe call

Roe call

I went on my 1st ever accompanied stalk last week and the guide recommended I buy a roe call at some point.

I wonder if anyone on the forum has any recommendations or tales of woe regarding previous calls?

Any/all comments appreciated

I think you'll find more roe have been called by stalkers using the squeezable Buttolo call than any other call.

I did have a call made by Richard Prior many years ago that was very effective once you had mastered the technique. It even came with its own instructional video if IIRC. I lost it one morning on a stalk and now just use a Buttolo.

Cheers Clem,

I think the one the guide used was a Buttolo, certainly looked like that.

Just found some on fleabay at 23. will get one ordered

I,ve seen one on BDS site shop that are 21..52 called the buttolo blatter roe call.are these the right ones as i,d like to get one myself.
    cheers neil

Yes they are one and the same thing.

You might need to tune them a wee bit. I think there is a post on one of the other deer stalking sites that has an audio link that gives you the right pitch to tune them to.

I'll have a scout around and see if I can find it for you.

Thanks clem i,d appreciate that i,m new to all this and i,d like to get it right from the start.
    Thanks again neil

Here's one to be going on with

I can't find the one with the audio link I pretty sure it it was on the now close web site. But I'll keep looking

But I have found this one Obviously not the same call but it does have audio links to the different call types.

Thanks for that clem,excuse my ignorance but does the terror call imitate another buck in the territory? i assume the mating call must be a doe.

cheers again clem

the links are really useful for us newbies!

for anyone interested, i have found this one on fleabay which works out cheaper than a BDS one (when p&p are added)

and this one
    seems to be a real bargain as they are listed on fleabay at over double the price

Hello manc-munsters thanks for that i,ve just been on general discussions and think clem has just been banned.Would you know the answer to my question about the terror call
    cheers neil