Roe call

manc-munsters

Hi

I went on my 1st ever accompanied stalk last week and the guide recommended I buy a roe call at some point.

I wonder if anyone on the forum has any recommendations or tales of woe regarding previous calls?

Any/all comments appreciated

Russ

I think you'll find more roe have been called by stalkers using the squeezable Buttolo call than any other call.

I did have a call made by Richard Prior many years ago that was very effective once you had mastered the technique. It even came with its own instructional video if IIRC. I lost it one morning on a stalk and now just use a Buttolo.

Cheers Clem,

I think the one the guide used was a Buttolo, certainly looked like that.

Just found some on fleabay at £23. will get one ordered

I,ve seen one on BDS site shop that are £21..52 called the buttolo blatter roe call.are these the right ones as i,d like to get one myself.
cheers neil

Yes they are one and the same thing.

You might need to tune them a wee bit. I think there is a post on one of the other deer stalking sites that has an audio link that gives you the right pitch to tune them to.

I'll have a scout around and see if I can find it for you.

Thanks clem i,d appreciate that i,m new to all this and i,d like to get it right from the start.
Thanks again neil

Thanks for that clem,excuse my ignorance but does the terror call imitate another buck in the territory? i assume the mating call must be a doe.

Hello manc-munsters thanks for that i,ve just been on general discussions and think clem has just been banned.Would you know the answer to my question about the terror call :confused:
cheers neil

Dawnraider said:
Thanks for that clem,excuse my ignorance but does the terror call imitate another buck in the territory? i assume the mating call must be a doe.

The terror call imitates a doe who has been egging a buck on and when the buck gets a little frisky the doe gets a little scared! :evil:

Thanks again deer man ,unfortunately not been blessed with any muntjacs in this neck of the woods yet only roes and a few fallow yet have not seen the latter on any of the land i shoot but i live in hope ;)

My Buttolo Blatter and my Buttolo rosewood call arrived today. (£38 for the two inc shipping)

If nothing else, they get the attention of the dogs :D

Now to learn to use them!

Roe Calls

Hi,
If you go to stalkers.co.uk you will find the Buttolo call for £19.95 and a Cherry Wood call for £11.50. The P&P for both of these items is £1.50.
Hope this helps.
John.

Back