l200 mitsubishi

tony rentokil

Hi guys, I have an L200,starts battery,light stays on,also amber light what looks like a tank,of water with a drip at the base.
clock,blower.radio and central locking,all stopped working at the same time.
Alternator seems to be charging,checked all visible fuses and seem ok,regards Tony.

Well that's what happened when my alternator went also the rev counter stopped working rebuilt my alternator and problem solved sounds very much the same to me mate....

That tank of water is normally your fuel filter. It's telling you the filter has alot of water in it. Change your fuel filter or just undo the nut at the bottom of the filter and catch what comes out in a small container. That way you can check it's water.

That tank of water is normally your fuel filter. It's telling you the filter has alot of water in it. Change your fuel filter or just undo the nut at the bottom of the filter and catch what comes out in a small container. That way you can check it's water.

Thats another possibility and good advise try this first then go from there.....

Yes that is what that light is , but the fact that he has other things which all stopped working at the same time point to an electrical problem, rather than water in the filter.

Well you've got to start your fault trace somewhere and I always start with the cheapest option...the most expensive being an auto electrician!!

Hav you charged your battery up
Start with doing that
if symptoms still the same after that then it is not the alternator
Could be a battery needs changing instead

Back