Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Female seeking club membership

Female seeking club membership

I am a 33 Year Old Female living in the North Essex area. I have hunted extensively in Kenya with my late father, and have returned to the UK as this is by place of birth. I am now n possession of my Firearms Certificate and I am looking to join a Deer Stalking Club around the North Essex/Suffolk area, preferably a Club with history to enhance my Deer Stalking Skills. I wonder if anybody out there could point me in the right direction.
    Many Thanks

Welcome, where are you in North Essex? Have you just got your ticket and is it open? I know Essex are not keen on issuing tickets without land.

Hi there,
    Yes I do have land in North Essex, and my ticket is open. I also have a larger area in Scotland. I own a 275 Rigby (which was my late Fathers) and a 300 H&H. Do you know of a good Deer Stalking Club?

Quote Originally Posted by littlemisssureshot View Post
    Hi there,
    Yes I do have land in North Essex, and my ticket is open. I also have a larger area in Scotland. I own a 275 Rigby (which was my late Fathers) and a 300 H&H. Do you know of a good Deer Stalking Club?
    Something tells me your profile might take a few hits in the next couple of hours
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

why do you want to be part of a club if you have your own stalking? just curious.

this sounds too good to be true, Essex girl, 275R AND 300H&H, land in england AND scotland, 6.2" thin and blonde..needs urgent male assistance with stalking.

you will have an endless flow of offers to assist you here missus!!!
    Last edited by PKL; 10-09-2012 at 16:49.

HI LMS. Welcome to the site. Jim

Hi there,
    My Father was a member of a very historic Hunting Club in Belgium when we lived there for a few years, and I think it is always good to be associated with a Club to make new friends and meet like minded people with a common interest.

I suppose joining up to the BDS with their Thetford forest stalking rights comes first to mind. Not too far away and they are supposed to be full still of the traditional ways of stalking.
    I am not aware of any other clubs in the UK as it all seems to be kept as a jealously guarded secret until it can be used to raise cash from those without any stalking.
    You need to get to know the farming community very well - as you would expect as you will be trespassing with their permission on their land with a firearm so they need to know you and your abilities.
    I am not sure if there is enough time in ones lifetime to organise enough stalking in the UK.
    Welcome and bon chasse with your quest.

As far as i know deer stalking clubs with access to land and open membership are a very rare commodity in the UK, i only know of one and that is operated by Minsterley Rages in Shropshire.

Welcome to the site. I am not a member, but it may be worth speaking to these people

There is the British Sporting Rifle Club too, which is another way of meeting people

Otherwise, I agree about joining and getting involved with your local British Deer Society branch
    Last edited by JabaliHunter; 10-09-2012 at 17:12.