Eurika. I found the problem

teyhan1

Well, I posted the other day about some difficulties I've been having with my rifle throwing a line of bullets like this at 35mView attachment 19085

Tried various bullets and loads I could still not get get anything to group any sense. NO

I had Jager SA recrown the barrel. NO

I tried a new set of mounts a friend had lying around. NO

Surely it can't be the scope, it's a Swarovski ( Nova 4-12x56 IR ) so I swung on a Schmidt 6x42 that I had on a 22-250 and
View attachment 19086

Same distance, same bases, same basic load (before I start on it) same rifle. And even had 2x kids in the back of the truck rushing me to get home for dinner.

Moral of this story------------------------It may be the most expensive piece of kit you own, but it can still go wrong

Not a bad base group to work from there! Glad you got the problem sorted!

Yep, kinda what I thought.
It's what I was searching for in my original testing and was therefore surprised when I started getting these horizontal strings appearing. The SHR970 is known to be a very accurate rifle. Most normal groups will be somewhat circular in there shape and mine just weren't. The test load was just taken as a mid load with an average jump to the lands which you would have expected to have produced at least a rough and ready group. It was the string that was starting to puzzle me. As I put in my original thread, if you took out the horizontal string then the average height difference was okay.
Anyway, ......when my scope comes back, I'll carry on my thread and show what it ( and I, confidence now somewhat restored) can do, as I hate threads that just stop without any ..............................

nice one mate.

glad to see your sorted out now,

enjoy, i sent my swaro back a few years ago and it was back in about 3 weeks. no fees just the postage to get it there.

regards

bob.

nice one mate.

glad to see your sorted out now,

enjoy, i sent my swaro back a few years ago and it was back in about 3 weeks. no fees just the postage to get it there.

regards

bob.

Exactly. They're not immune from ever going wrong, but when they do, Swarovski customer service show why they are the best in the world.

Could easily be parallax at that range, especially at high mag and if you've got a mount setup that isn't conducive to a consistent head position that would be my bet.
Easy enough to test for without shooting before you send it off.

Forgive the daft question but what does it do at 100m?

Back