Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few days with solwaystalker

A few days with solwaystalker

Last friday i set of to spend the weekend with solwaystalker to try for wild boar and goats.

I arrived and was shown how to use the night vision and then was shown to my high tower , it was around 8pm when 2 foxes came from a field and to where the pigs should be coming and all i could think is would they put the pigs off. I was told by colin that i might here the boar coming through the wall in the dark for the feed but heard nothing apart from one hell of a noise just in the woods which i think was a very big male boar.

So when it was dark i checked the night vision just like i was told how to use it but i was told not to put on ir as this some times scares the boar so as i looked through my scope i was not sure what was going on as i could not see anything clear so i turned it all off and just sat there. Then at around 9.15 i heard grunts , i thought bloodyhell there here so i put the rifle up and turned on the NV and just saw a black mass so i put on the IR and there they where in green day light a sow and 4 young and the IR did not put them of feeding so i shot the 1st young which gave me a safe shot and christened the 7x64 for boar.
    I could see the pig was dead on the spot through the scope but i am pleased that nobody was around as i went down the ladder with torch in mouth when i got to the bottom it struck me would the sow be anywhere to protec its young , so with that in mind i started to whisle and sing some 1st lines of rugby songs to scare anything away. I looked at my 1st boar and was very pleased with the whole night .

We went to a estate that colin knows and were going for a goat we drove through the woodland to get to the very impressive hills and within 10 minutes we had spotted a small group of goats . So the plan was to stalk up and way past them then drop down somewhere near them. That was fine but they where on what looked like a rock face but up we went up and up and then crossed left to the rocks and at this stage i am thinking this is high but i was following colin and he knows the place.
    When we were near to where the goats should be the mist came in for a while so we just sat waitng for it to lift and that it did and when it did i spotted a billy around 60 yards off so i took the shot and had a billy just to cap of the few days there.

solwaystalker (colin) thank you very much for getting me 1st boar and then goat.
    i will be using your services again

cheers mate

ps just starting to be myself again

fantastic, great result
    Last edited by AndrewT059; 12-09-2012 at 21:44.

sounds like you had a great time, atb wayne
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

thanks for reading boys

definitely cant wait to get up there myself now......sounds like you had a good one

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    definitely cant wait to get up there myself now......sounds like you had a good one
    I will be back

Fair old climb on Saturday Chris i was back up on Monday , we got a good billie right on the top
    Had some headache on Sunday and Monday
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

Isnt in just amazing how these boar are just everywhere..well almost.

good news for us!

CHRISC well pleased for you good write up nice to speak to you on the phone the other night regards pete .

Well done mate. Its great just sitting waiting for those boar and when you hear them it gets your heart racing.