NiteSite NS200

Hello matey,
long time no speak. The reviews are positive! Generally. I've spoke to jake a few times and he is improving the unit as time goes on.There are minor things such as big heavy battery, the camera to scope adapter had some critism as well but it does work. All digitals tend to be power hungry. You can replace it with a lithium at a later stage. He might even be selling them now as a lot of the critism was that way. I haven't used it myself but he get good reviews from the nv forum I spend a lot of my time on. and they do techie, makes me look stupid. Please keep yer comments to herself. Lol
I should be seeing them at the show this weekend and give him some stick. Well he won't give me a free one.
All in all for the price it performs well. You are getting gen 2 ish comparable for gen 1 money. Not strictly true but close enough. Are you after rabbits of foxes? Or both?
Tss...

im after fox and rabbits to keep the gamekeeper happy as if i dont have enough to do controlling the muntys lol. I have seen the reviews on utube it looks really good so thought i would ask . regards tony

Once set up correctly, the NS200 works very well, but the biggest issue is finding a scope that works well with it. and it really annoys me that nowhere on their web site does it warn you of this.

We have found that the NS200 (I assume it's the same for the NS50) will not focus unless your scope will parallax down to at least 10yds/mts. Side parallax will make focusing much easier. Most of the more expensive scopes won't work because the coatings distort/interfere with the picture.

Once sorted, it works well, although I do agree with the comments regarding reflection from the screen, and a heavy battery, that personally I get little more than a couple of hours from, using the brightness across the range.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has come across a list of recommended scopes ?

Mark.

Scope for NV is a huge subject in its own right. Assume that you should get side parallax. you focus your diopter to show the crosshairs through the NV and then use the parallax to focus the target. (Just putting that in for the people who don't know). One of the problems is that a lot of the manufactureres seem to assume that everybody knows how to set up correctly.
Anyway scopes to consider.
Leupold Mk III 4.5-14 x 50
Some AGS.
MTCs are supposed to be very good but I am not convinced that they are that good on their own. Ie during day time. Bushnell elites also supposed to be good.
One of the questions I will be asking a lot of the manufacturers this weekend is how well they work with NV and then then asking for information on the results. Failing that I will be asking them to get them tested. I will even offer to do it for them. :D
Well it makes sense. it is a growing market. 90% of my shooting is with NV.

Scope for NV is a huge subject in its own right. Assume that you should get side parallax. you focus your diopter to show the crosshairs through the NV and then use the parallax to focus the target. (Just putting that in for the people who don't know). One of the problems is that a lot of the manufactureres seem to assume that everybody knows how to set up correctly.
Anyway scopes to consider.
Leupold Mk III 4.5-14 x 50
Some AGS.
MTCs are supposed to be very good but I am not convinced that they are that good on their own. Ie during day time. Bushnell elites also supposed to be good.
One of the questions I will be asking a lot of the manufacturers this weekend is how well they work with NV and then then asking for information on the results. Failing that I will be asking them to get them tested. I will even offer to do it for them. :D
Well it makes sense. it is a growing market. 90% of my shooting is with NV.
ags 8x32x56 louepold 10x40 sightron 111 6x24x50 all work well with pvs 14 behind them forget s/b 4x16x50 and night force 5x15x56 crap

AI'm surprised with the night force. A number of people told me they were good. ,mind you I think they were using a something to 24 mag.
Anyway, there are a few options for you to start with. Also go get a set of quad sticks. If your shooting at night you generally have plenty of time.If your walking the fields that is. And no point lying in the mud. :D. Hawk are also a cheap option.
So not the easiest of answers. You may need to consider a new scope. I will ask if they recommend any in particular if I see them. You could also make your own, not that hard if you know how to use a soldering iron and know which forum to look on. Oh it must be so hard having to control the bunnie as well as the Mounties. Lol.

But as the nights are drawing in if you fancy a night playing with nv let me know. I can come over and let you have a go with mine. Just be ready to be hooked? It's a lot of fun.

I meant to say. There are a number of nv meets. I may be organising one innovember and nitesite go to shops as well and demonstrate. That is one of the best ways to meet and try the stuff, you get to compare everything from gen 1 to gen 3 and everything in between.

Spoke to Jake from Nitesite today.
They are doing a few demonstrations one of which is here; Thursday 25th October: Thetford Guns, 4 Brunell Way, Thetford, Norfolk IP24 1HP. Don't know how far that is from you. But it is probably the closest one.
My nv meet is likely to be the 17/11 newbury way and all being well he will be along for that as well.
Hope that is of some help.
D

Back