BDS deer dog weekend

cookingfat

I am hosting the 3rd weekend. of training and assessment for all breeds of dog at the end of the month, i will be particularly interested to see how the dogs who did the test last year have come on.

look forward to seeing those site members that are coming.

Tony

I am hosting the 3rd weekend. of training and assessment for all breeds of dog at the end of the month, i will be particularly interested to see how the dogs who did the test last year have come on.

look forward to seeing those site members that are coming.

Tony

Now that seems to me useful practice.

Can you give me some details about the tests and a timetable for both days?

Thank you

the tests will be run on Sunday, they will test the handler as well as the dog, the handler will need to explain what he thinks has happened at the shot site and then follow a trail, the trail will have been put down to the handlers request. depending on the experience of the dog.
we will try and gear theses test more to UK hunting and stalking.

the Saturday will be a novice day, as some will have a dog with them and some just thinking of getting one, it is open to all breeds.

the tests will be run on Sunday, they will test the handler as well as the dog, the handler will need to explain what he thinks has happened at the shot site and then follow a trail, the trail will have been put down to the handlers request. depending on the experience of the dog.
we will try and gear theses test more to UK hunting and stalking.

the Saturday will be a novice day, as some will have a dog with them and some just thinking of getting one, it is open to all breeds.

Please book me in for the Sunday. perfect for the young hound.

Take it Kim wil be there; know few more knowledgeable handlers. Would like some advise on barking training.

Pity you are so far away from the Scottish boys; this would be an eye opener for them.

Baron we have dogs for deer run by the BDS up here and the chap there uses Blood tracking dogs.

Baron we have dogs for deer run by the BDS up here and the chap there uses Blood tracking dogs.

Ah but Kim who will give most of the course is a Dane and a very professional tracker indeed. Years and years of practical experience. I know nowbody in the UK with anything like that knowledge. He now has both labradors and HS, ideal from a teaching point of view.

Here was me thinking Kim was a woman Baron i am sure the Labs will be good at the british stuff but cant see the HS dropping to shot and crawinling in behind the stalker lol
These ones are geared to the british stalker.

Please book me in for the Sunday. perfect for the young hound.

Take it Kim wil be there; know few more knowledgeable handlers. Would like some advise on barking training.

Pity you are so far away from the Scottish boys; this would be an eye opener for them.

have booked you in Georges, you will have to let me know weather you wont blood or scent trail and how old it should be ?

Kim and Dan will both be there, Kim will have a 8 month old Lab and one of his HS to give a demo, i think you will be surprized at the standerd the lab has reached for a dog so young.

are you wonting your hound to report on a find, if so try the head in the cage at the end of the trail.

Kim will have a 8 month old Lab and one of his HS to give a demo, i think you will be surprized at the standerd the lab has reached for a dog so young.
I wouldn't be Tony;)
Pity I won't make it,tell Kim another time,red or three waiting for you both

Here was me thinking Kim was a woman Baron i am sure the Labs will be good at the british stuff but cant see the HS dropping to shot and crawinling in behind the stalker lol

Kim has total control over all his dogs when on the trail, they will stop or drop to a shot at his command.

i think the point the barron was making its a pity you are so far away, otherwise you could have come and seen his dogs work.

have booked you in Georges, you will have to let me know weather you wont blood or scent trail and how old it should be ?

Kim and Dan will both be there, Kim will have a 8 month old Lab and one of his HS to give a demo, i think you will be surprized at the standerd the lab has reached for a dog so young.

are you wonting your hound to report on a find, if so try the head in the cage at the end of the trail.

Splendid, thank you.

If it is not too much bother an overnight one is perfect with a few angles.

Just reread the rules for HS Vorpruefung, no blood. And if you can be bothered, a small Verweisen track that is only 3 hours old. If need be I can lay that in the morning.

Or if Kim thinks that more challenging a bit of Verweisen worked in the track. That will keep daughter on her toes!

Suggest we have a talk about barking when I see you.

Yes, it will be interesting to see Kim's hounds.

Grrrrr,I'll likely see you......I'll phone on the Sunday....I can't miss it:DId like to see Kims HS as well
Will give you a phone,dependant on time bud...

The crawling bit is just what you teach it.

Cannot see why the HS should drop to shot. He will just stop and not move when you shoot.

I myself prefer to have the hound sit and stay behind rather than crawling with me but everybody has his preferences.

Tony

what date are you doing this? I might have to pop over to wind up Wolverine :rofl:
You'll see a few real dogs that day Eggy;),hoping I'll make it but I'll be probably too late me thinks,we'll see,I enjoy a wind up;)you'll struggle to get me to bite:rofl:

Back