New Zeiss Conquest Binos

legaleagle69

I went to the Midland Game Fair yesterday there was smaller stall selling good quality binos, we were chatting to the stallholders who were refreshingly honest about the capability of the new Zeiss and comparing them directly with Swaros and the Flouride glassed Zeiss.
Apparently the twighlight factor and other technical specs that were quite honestly above my meagre understanding, are exactly the same as the top flight Swaros he was selling at double the price, then he dropped a bombshell, I had always understood conquest were made in the states, they are aparrently now German made!!
They are absolutely faultless, I was intending to buy a pair of Swaro 10x42's at over 1600 quids, not anymore zeiss are £750 with a lifetime warranty.. :cool:

Hi LegalEagle

I also saw these at £700 ( 8 x 42's) and was very impressed - it made me consider selling my 7 x 42 Swaro SLC's, however thinking about it more there must be some kind of cost cutting for the price and also the light weight of the Conquest, none the less anyone considering a first pair of bino's and not wanting to spend over a grand I can't see that these can be beaten

The guy was selling Swaros on the same stand & stated that he could not justify the price difference any longer, now his advice was that the Zeiss was the deal to be had and that he reckoned the price is an introductory one, as to weight there appeared little or no difference they certainly were not flimsy or light weight in any way whatsoever.
The specs all equalled the Swaros, the full lifetime warranty was impressive, so was going to order mine later this week, just wondered if anyone had any reason to think they were not a good deal before spending my hard earned?

The guy was selling Swaros on the same stand & stated that he could not justify the price difference any longer, now his advice was that the Zeiss was the deal to be had and that he reckoned the price is an introductory one, as to weight there appeared little or no difference they certainly were not flimsy or light weight in any way whatsoever.
The specs all equalled the Swaros, the full lifetime warranty was impressive, so was going to order mine later this week, just wondered if anyone had any reason to think they were not a good deal before spending my hard earned?[

The lad in my local gun shop said the same - have you tried at twilight yet, how do they compare to swaro etc?

Back