Moly coating

Hw60sniper

Does anyone moly coat there loads ? Id be interested to here there findings i.e. any difference to accuracy ,less fouling in barrel ,setup costs etc....

Cheers Billy..

Moly coating has somewhat fallen out of favour in recent times due to its tendency to form a barrel etching corrosive substance when combined with moisture. Tungsten disulphide and hexagonal boron nitride are gaining favour but it is probably too early to tell.

Unless you use your rifle for long strings of fire where you need to try and mitigate the cumulative effects of copper and carbon fouling without an opportunity to clean, then I would suggest that it is a waste of time and you won't see much benefit.

purchased 100winchester moley coated silver tip and spent more time kleaning all the black crap out of my barrel than shooting they shot well but no better than soft pointed non moley coated to be onest not worth it in my book

a friend of mine shoots a 220 swift moly coated bullets and barrel ? i seen him shoot foxes out way past where id shoot em ie 400 yrds no problems he raves about it ?

a friend of mine shoots a 220 swift moly coated bullets and barrel ? i seen him shoot foxes out way past where id shoot em ie 400 yrds no problems he raves about it ?
think that would be more down to caliber than coating on a head i use a rem mag with none coated heads and 400yards is no problem no matter what i put up the spout :D

Back