pecar scopes

Pecar

Hiya

I had a look through one the other day and thought it was quite good, Macloeds have 2 in second hand at the moment.

Daemon

There good scopes, they were standard FC issue for years, I've still a 6x42 on my 243.
I'm not sure if you can still get them new or not .

i hav had pecar most of my rifle life
but once i found that pecar were getting more unattainable, then i started to change my scope set up
but they were a trully fantastic scope and took what ever stick i gave them
they even had an interchangeable reticule , but now they hav outpriced themselves and made it to expensive to buy 2nd hand with the view to renovate at a sensible price
can't even say if there is a main dealer still left in the UK
just beware buying 2nd hand scopes, especaily if you don't hav shopnear you that can help if things goes tits up
i luv pecar just not the after care sales

Most people with a Pecar tend to love it. I bought one cheaply as a back up scope maybe 5 years ago. I fitted it a few weeks ago when my little Simmons let go. Optics are almost as good as Ziess, very bright indeed. As for effectivenes, once I got it zeroed I put 14 rounds through a hole .44x.75 at 50 yards with a 10/22 using Eley subbies some of which were going supersonic. I can see why they are so loved by stalkers especially.

A

try EMMA custom rifles in Darlington, they have quite a few second hand pecars for sale. have a look on there website .

Had a look at that website some time ago. Way over priced for old Pecars. especially when the parent co has gone and there's no spares and repairs back-up. They were good scopes, but I'll not be paying that kind of money for oldies. My 4-10 would shift zero between mag settings and the reticle on the 6x shattered (they're not glass-etched). Thankfully in those days you could buy spare reticles.

Shame to see the company go.

Hi,

I have a Kassnar Beta 3 4x10x42 which were actually built by Pecar. It is also unique in that it has an intergral spirit level built into it. The optics are excellent but the coatings are very soft, so clean with care. Mine sits on my AA S210 and I had it reparallexed to 50 yds years ago. It is a nice bit of glass and cost about £150 10+ yrs ago.

Recently I came across an advert (? gun mart ) for new Pecar Scopes. The company was/ were/are based /in Berlin.

C

Great glass, great scopes, steel tubes - mostly, servicing no problem, send it to Paul Burke, advertises in GunMart, holds lots of spares inc. lenses, a real craftsman and very reasonable.

Flyboy270

Any one got any contact details for Paul Burke tried him today on 0121 788 1050, that was the number in an old gunmart. Is there a best time of the day/week to catch him? and what is his turnaround time like. I have a couple of pecars I would like servcied and I understand he is the Pecar man.
Richard

I think they where 4-10 x 45 , the ones I would like serviced are 1.5 -6 x 45 and what looks an older 3-7 x 35 .I understand from former posts Paul Burke used to do the police pecar scopes and still has all the tools for stripping them.

Well Paul's number appears o be correct. I spoke to him a couple of months ago about a scope on that number. In fact I need to send him a couple of scopes to have looked at. One is an old Nikko Sterling Electro-Sight that does not light up. Speaking to him about it he sai it was a problem with them and he might have some parts to fix it with still. He did the repairs for the importers it seems. I actually brought it fort he P-H mounts but if I can get it fixed for a reasonable sum it will be a nice addition to the little collection as this sight is shown in soem of the P-H catalogues.

The other is a Carl Zeiss Jena with a focus problem ................................................ I'll let him have a look at it.

pecar are tops i have a 8x56 on my 6.5 and had a spare and sols it to a lad in oz for a reet wedge they cant get them there apperantly on downside is early ones had a 26mm tube and mounts are scarce i had to take mine in work and machine them out

Back