Duracoat

dave wylde (baldie) valkerie rifles he's your man for the job, his work is second to none.

Thanks Nutty, I know about Jager SA, have not seen his work, but would like to know if there are a few other guys offering this service.I should have made this clear in my first post. I have asked this question before on this forum and got a few replies - all concerning Jager SA ! Maybe he has the market cornered ! Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply atb ml

dave wylde (baldie) valkerie rifles he's your man for the job, his work is second to none.

+1 for Dave "Baldie" Wylde, coated my Remmy 2 yrs ago, and its still good as the day I collected it.

Last edited:
JagareSa on the site does it I think.

James Duracoated the slightly shabby wooden stock of a little .410 Mossberg shotgun for me a few years back and did a very tidy job. It still looks spot on and I have to tell people it's not actually a factory synthetic stock all the time!

+1 for Dave "Baldie" Wylde, coated my Remmy 2 yrs ago, and its still good as the day I collected it.
Have never used Dave for coating, didn't realise he did it to be honest but I have used him to do some work on a long barrelled revolver and a couple of Marlin underlevers. He is a great guy and seems to excel at everything he does!

I am thinking of having my Remington 700 XCR duracoated in their "gun blue" colour.Who does the best job ?

The gun blue isn't that nice once it's on the metalwork.

Ive been coating firearms for about 6 years, done 100s, feel free to ask any questions.

Getting 3 jobs done by James while I am on holiday.
has been very helpfull throughout.

Regards

DavieH

Hi guys
i have a few blasers and one is a standard r93 with the plain plastic off road stock
would this duracote give the stock a rubber feel ?
Sorry to sound daft but I have been looking for something like this for a while
any idea on cost and time scale
regards andy

Hi guys
i have a few blasers and one is a standard r93 with the plain plastic off road stock
would this duracote give the stock a rubber feel ?
Sorry to sound daft but I have been looking for something like this for a while
any idea on cost and time scale
regards andy

No it won't give a rubber feel but I can put a textured finish on to make it a bit grippy.

James is a friend, however if he did poor work I would tell him.

Ive had several rifles coated by him and never had any issues, the coating has been hard wearing and does what its designed to.

You wont be disappointed should you choose him.

Just done my own as the barrel was down to the metal. Very simple with there new Shake n Spray range in all standard and tactical colours. Did it in an evening and was so simple to do. Ordered it from a German website. For about £50.

Just done my own as the barrel was down to the metal. Very simple with there new Shake n Spray range in all standard and tactical colours. Did it in an evening and was so simple to do. Ordered it from a German website. For about £50.

£50? Blimey, I do most barrelled actions for £85 and ive got the cans on the shelf for £22.50 posted!

Back