Thread: Planning a hunting trip to South Africa?

Planning a hunting trip to South Africa?

I regularly travel to the Eastern Cape of South Africa once or twice a year to do a plains game management hunt.

Having been several times Iím happy to pass on to members the things I've learnt over the years about visiting South Africa and how to plan a hassle free trip, particularly for people thinking about their first safari hunt and also those wishing to take their own rifle who may be a bit daunted by UK and South African firearms handling procedures/documentation.

The outfitter I regularly visit is Thorndale Safaris which is a luxury 5 star lodge located within its own hunting grounds just under an hourís drive from Port Elizabeth at the Southern tip of Africa.

Whether youíre a first time/experienced hunter going solo or a group wanting to hunt and travel around youíll find the Thorndale guys really friendly, flexible and accommodating.
    An all inclusive 7 day/6 night/6 animal management hunt package costs less than £1900 which is one of the reasons why I keep going back.

Be happy to provide more information.

sounds good wont be able to go till 2016 for my 30th though

It'll be well worth the wait!

Hi Bobbroom
    Could you tell me what holiday/Medical insurance you use when in south Africa , it all seems to be geared for the Americans. I am waiting for a price from an outfitter for next June / July for myself and wife on an 8 day cull hunt plus one trophy but I will email Thorndale to get a price.
    Thanks Alex