Thread: Stalking with JAYB

Stalking with JAYB

Me and my friend Dan would like to thank you for having us up this week we both enjoyed it and we would personally like to thank you for your hospitality. Although we didn't get the Sika stags we wanted this was not because we didn't have the opportunity, in our defence the rain was very bad most days. Dan was very close on a few occasions and he could have quite easily come away with 3 stags in the bag. He really regrets not pulling the trigger on the 8 point Red stag he had in the cross hairs but he aired on the side of caution as he wasn't sure if it was on your ground or not. I came away with a Roe buck and could have had another 2 but decided not to pull the trigger on the others incase it ruined a chance of a Sika. We glassed deer on every stalk and heard Sika and Red stags regular. Anyone going up in the next few weeks will hit it just right as the weather was getting much colder as we came home. Loads of big fat hinds about so the big lads will be out partying very soon.

As for any SD members looking at this tread I would certainly recommend it others, Its a 7 hour + drive for us but worth it.

Johns a gentleman and its a real nice places to stalk not easy going but hey there are plenty of beasts.

+1 with the above comments.

ATB wallace

13 sleeps for me
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Than you Craig glad you enjoyed it, stags wilol be there next year. Stringer you should hit it just right hopefully.

As for the rest of you "gentlemen" thanks boys

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Have to agree with you I was up a couple of weeks ago with my mate we had 2 days stalking and although we didn't see any stags it rained both days we did see some hinds and a nice roe buck but no shot ,I. Was up last year and shot a lovely six point sika and we will be up next year again if John will have us
    cheers tam