Thread: Very proud dad.

Very proud dad.

Bought my nine year old son his first shotgun today!
    He's nine, but already well on the way. Got him a little 28g o/u, but have left it in the shop to be shortened.
    Really cant wait to get him on the clays next weekend.

I sense some fantastic times ahead for you both, my son is 10 so totally understand your pride.
    Wont be long until he's out shooting his Dad.

Good age for him to start, think 28g is a far better choice for a youngster starting than .410 which a lot begin with.

perfect, I learned with a 28g and used it until I was 16, my mentor forced me to only use put one cartridge in at a time, a good teaching trick that.

Prepare yourself for when they beat you!!

It's fun bringing on the next generation. My 9 yr old daughter is using my little single barrelled 410 and is breaking clays far to regularly for my liking - she often hits five or six in a row and then thankfully forgets to concentrate on her technique and misses the next few - just like her father, who is a member of the clay preservation society.

I took my 12 year old son on a beaters day on pheasant about 20 birds went over his head during the day and he managed to shot the last bird of the season a hen before the whistle went his face was worth a million dollars
    Proud dad hope you have some great times with you son in the field as I had many years ago