Venison prices

N.F.W.M

I am being told of some dealers paying in excess of £5 a kilo for head shot red deer, £4.60 /kg for chest shot red, and £3.95 /kg for fallow. When I push the suppliers of this info for details of which game dealers are paying the above amounts I get the brush off. This leads me to think they are talking ********.

How about a bit of transparency amongst SD members.... Which dealers in which locality are paying what price for venison ?

Regards

Sticks

getting £2.80kg for fallow - head or chest as long as the entry & exit haven't damaged anything apart from the ribs? Gone up 30p per kg from last season?

Sounds very high to me , when I was stalking regularily it always hovered around the £2 a kilo mark, their lucky or maybe been on the "Shrooms" :D

£2 per Kg at the dealer in the jacket regardless of where shot but a game butcher local will pay £3 per Kg out of the Jacket.All species.

Locally I get £1 a lb for Roe, £1.50 a lb for Fallow & £5 a carcass for muntjac. There is a price for Red & Sika but I have none on my permissions so took not notice sorry.
This is in the fur and head or chest shot.

Hmm interesting ,I always get more for good quality Roe venison than Fallow.Its a far superior product IMHO?

£3.00 a kilo all deer that is picked up all over the country, try main dealers those that are not main dealers are paying £2.00 and selling on to the main dealers for £3.00 THAT IS HOW IT WORKS.

hubertus game pitlochry 3 a kilo for roe 2.50 for sika picked up at your door and cash in hand oh and they buy the red offal and pizzils the lots and all game too

Last edited:
£2.80 head shot fallow. £2.50 chest shot fallow. £2.00 head shot muntie. £1.50 body shot muntie. That was on Monday from Vickers.

Norfolk going rate is around £2.20 for reds, any shot fine, I've only ever once had money deducted for damage, and that was due to bullet ending up in the haunch strangely...... not taken anything else in recently so not sure on fallow and roe, munty is normally 50p per kilo so I don't bother, they fill my freezer instead.

I got £32 for a large roe doe the other day... and they complain about people selling them illegally! It was hardly worth the drive, and when you think Sainsbury's are selling it at £12 for a steak the size of my ear!!!

£1.10lb for Fallow in Sussex. I did ring around a couple of places and one said he was paying 90p a lb so told him where to go.

Back