out on friday and heard a vixon doing its mating call has anybody else heard them?

pilgrim

i was out on friday foxing and it seems to of dropped off but i heard a vixon running around doing its mating call, which makes me think we may be getting two breeding sessions in one year, i live in the north west of england and just wondering has anybody else heard the same??

Got one calling since last Sunday (16th Sept), at the bottom of our garden.

Driving the dogs nuts.

im fairly sure it'll be displaced fox cubs you'll be hearing they can be pretty vocal after being booted out the vixens territory i hear it most years

Heard one weeks ago after snaring two cubs ,it was was calling in the field next to my house and after the hunt had a run through we went out and my stalking buddy had a vixen with my 22/250 .....not heard one since !
Norma

im fairly sure it'll be displaced fox cubs you'll be hearing they can be pretty vocal after being booted out the vixens territory i hear it most years
Yep Ive heard a couple, pretty sure its cubs,as said the little darlings are a bit vocal when they have been turfed out.

yes heard her last week in North Manchester at 5.30 in the morning when out with the dogs. Same as you seemed a bit strange to her them this time of the year

Last night on the field in front of the house. It appeared to be a large cub at about 60 yds,making a right load of noise. Was so tempted to introduce it to a 100 grain soft point from my .243 from the bedroom window, but at 2330 hours I'm sure the neighbours would have complained and I value my FAC.
Wingy

Back