Thread: Chronographs

Anybody have any suggestions, I have started reloading and looking to buy one

what should I go for and what to avoid

I have a Chrony Alpha Master, the 'Master' bit meaning that there the display and control bit is on the end of about 5 yards of wire, which is invaluable if you're using it on a range.

What to avoid? I'd try to avoid putting a bullet through it.
    Last edited by Dalua; 26-09-2012 at 19:15. Reason: Grammar

Yeah it's best to wind the mag back so you can see you are aiming between the rods above and away from the main unit

Yep I've seen somebody hit the posts with a .223 bt made everybody hit the deck that's for sure, I take mine down to Kynoch and get them done properly with the correct equipment and pressure tested also to make sure there safe costs I think 1.75 a go worth it in my opinion.....

I opted for the shooting chrony f1 after much deliberation. Have used it about half a dozen times now with no issues other than one single mis-read. From what I gather one of the most important things is to make sure the battery has plenty of life in it and the lighting conditions are right.. I dont have any problems reading the display from ten feet away so I guess I am lucky!!