tracking collar

mereside

right guys im in the market for a leather tracking collar for this little lady
F10V1979.jpg

she has been settling in at home and she is doing well so want to get a collar i have a tracking lead coming but not sure on collars i have put an add up in classifieds just need some guidance, atb wayne

Suggest you talk to Muntjac Trading

totally agree baron, talk to kit at muntjac wayne trust me if you dont need it he wont sell you it hes a straight up guy, i always deal with him if i need something. i got tillys collar from him a good while ago it wasnt cheap but its quality stuff pal

all the best
jimmy

Hi Wayne!
I highly recommend the Garmin Astro plus a safety collar made by a small company here in Germany. If you send me your emailadress, I can send you some pictures of it. I believe this collar to be the best you may get....
Atb

Michael

Hii Wayne

I bought 2 traditional leather collars from Kit at Muntjac. The first was the cheaper of the 2 he sells when the dog was a puppy as I knew she would grow out of it. Still a good collar. The one I then bought a couple of months ago is made by a company called Akah and although not particularly cheap will last several dog lifetimes if cared for.

The reasons I went for the leather as opposed to neoprene and nylon webbing were, on our ground the webbing I think would pick up thistle pins and pine needles, as would a nylon tracking lead so gloves would probably be needed for the lead. And also I think neoprene would not stand up as well to rubbing and snagging on Sitka and other ground cover she will have to work through. I may be wrong though...

I would think the adjustment in size you get on the collar would mean that as your bitch is already 9 months old she will fit the one now. Just remember that it has to be of a size that it can slip easily on and off her head without unfastening...

Bonny looking we dog by the way...

AKAH - Albrecht Kind GmbH

Last edited:
thanks for all your help guys thats great, atb wayne
ps i will let you all know how our progress is going

Back