Silent Seat Belt sling!

bewsher500

wanted a waterproof wide and thin sling.
stumbled across some old seat belt material

got busy with the sewing machine and some old strips of webbing

019-3.jpg

Hi
These are great - have one on my HW80 from a few years back, including with a slider to tension/shorten as needed. I folded the belt through the sling swivels that came with the HW80 and just stitched them to the other side.

The only thing I havent sorted yet is some sort of hard wearing non-slip material on one side to help hold in place on the shoulder - perhaps you would keep us informed on what you find works?

Thanks.

L

I like the idea have you tried shaping the end of the strap and burning the edges to go straight through the swivel that way you wouldnt have to stitch webbing on, atb wayne

The only thing I havent sorted yet is some sort of hard wearing non-slip material on one side to help hold in place on the shoulder - perhaps you would keep us informed on what you find works?

The Swedish m/41B leather sniper slings I sell are lined with a rubber material...but that's a specific rubber from one specific factory in Sweden

A more user friendly method for the seat belt sling also involves Sweden, sort of.
Ikea sell various rubber drawer lining sheets. One of these could be used as a donor for several slings, etc.

Hi

You should not need to shape/seal if you fold/roll the edges of the seat belt to meet they can be threaded through, straightened out about 1-2" the other side and then stitched - least that's how I did mine.......

L

I thought about cutting it to a strip and stitching it straight into the swivels but I want to be able to use the swivels on different slings

5 rifles, 2 sets of swivels and 4 slings!

the non slip bit is going to be added if needed but I tend to sling muzzle down or across the chest so slipping is not usually a problem

but ....a smear of tiger seal over a masked area to produce a "sticky" section where the shoulder is.
tiger seal is much harder wearing and stickier than silicon and wont peal off

Hiya B-500 Et Al

You have point.

Muzzle-down person too! The 'tiger seal' is interesting - I would be grateful for any info/links to this as seems fit for my purpose too.....

Many thanks.

Regards
L

The best rubber type material would be an EPDM sheet as is sold for pond liners - not the shiny one they also do a matt flat stickier one try B&Q in the UK, in Germany they sell it in OBI (same as B&Q).
Martin

Back