Thread: this mornings catch

this mornings catch

went out for a stalk this morning and found a yearling buck which i very nearly shot but let him go as i wanted to keep looking for a six pointer i had seen a few weeks privious to see how good he was and when i found him he was not as good as i had originaly thought and i was a bit dishartened but i thought i would go and have a look in a couple of feilds on a bit futher and bumped into the fella you see below

this is the 1st buck i have ever shot with more than 6 points and to be honest i didnt even know he was on my ground i would be interested to know what people think about his medal status i know its a bit hard to judge from photos but i would be interested all the same it does have 8 points but i couldnt get a good shot of all 8 points and to be honest he still had a bit of velvet on him hence a bit of blood on him but i wasnt gonna let next door have this one

I would not give a monkey's for his medal status if I had been lucky enough to shoot a wonderfull non typical like him.
    He is to my way of thinking a great trophy and well done for taking him, I hope he was a memorable stalk.

If only you could have got him when he was in full summer coat he would have been great as a shoulder mount, ah well.!!

Well done again

morning catch

Think i will pass when the cheese board comes round at your place, seriously what a great head and a great day well done.

very nice 8)

Well done, very nice one, going to be fun cleaning round the coronets on that one.

Well done mate,but,why didn't you want to take a yearling,just out of interest................'M'

thank you all for your comments im not quite sure why i never took the yearling but if i would have i would have never have found this buck as i would have gone home. and as for cleaning round the coronets i will leave that to the taxidermist i did one head once and it is definatley a skill which i dont have the patience for

Looks like a west country buck to me? An old boy and looks to have the weight to make a medal. Let us know what the head weighs when its boiled out. A super looking buck, well done.